- Deputies: Man, woman tried to arrange killing of his estranged wife (5/21/17)1
- Cape fines contractor $1,100 a day for street-project delays; contractor blames utility relocations (5/18/17)13
- Former coroner convicted of felony theft now faces prison in misdemeanor case (5/23/17)2
- Cape police say man assaulted, kidnapped girlfriend (5/21/17)2
- Mississippi County sheriff fights efforts in court to remove him from office (5/21/17)4
- Cape man accused of shooting a woman in Jackson (5/21/17)
- Business notebook: Woman, sister-in-law buy Perryville custom-wear shop (5/22/17)
- Attorney general seeks bond revocation for embattled sheriff (5/17/17)3
- Broadening horizons: Heartland Dream Team founder stays committed to area youth (5/21/17)2
- Revival of Oran police board urged amid timecard fraud, nepotism allegations (5/17/17)4
Paid election letter: Adams is perfect for assessor's job
Please support Bob Adams for Cape Girardeau County assessor. I am also in the appraisal business (a different company than Bob's), and this man is perfect for the job. He knows the business inside out, and I can tell you that county assessors, Realtors and appraisers all know what they are getting with Bob -- a sharp, sincere man of integrity.
Bob is different from the other candidates -- he has actually been out appraising property rather than doing the computer work in the office. And to my knowledge, as assessor Bob doesn't stand to make a penny off his own property because he isn't in the business of selling property. He's perfect for the job.
BRAD UELSMANN, 1802 East Jackson Blvd., Jackson, MO 63755
Paid for by Area Wide Appraisal Group.