- Obama shortens sentence of inmate from Cape (1/19/17)9
- Business notebook: Jackson salon owner also opens a clothing store (1/16/17)
- Area hospitals hope a box helps prevent infant deaths (1/19/17)6
- Jackson police describe night of anger, car crashes, drug possession by 18-year-old (1/22/17)5
- Two subjects of interest in 1992 homicide to take polygraph tests (1/15/17)8
- Meat-processing plant faces $70K penalty for Clean Water Act violations (1/17/17)4
- Cape SportsPlex contractor offers a look at the project (1/15/17)14
- Local students to perform with choir at inauguration (1/19/17)3
- Southeast to lose $3.5 million from state in budget cuts (1/18/17)21
- Subjects of interest in 1992 killing take polygraph tests; results not revealed (1/18/17)2
Paid election letter: Wallingford is a true conservative
I am extremely grateful to have been given the opportunity to represent Southeast Missouri for eight years, and I want to thank the people of the 27th District for all of their support.
Our district will be asked to elect a new state senator this year, and the first step in that process comes with the primary election in August.
After months of researching the candidates, examining voting records and speaking to Wayne, I have come to the decision to endorse Wayne Wallingford's campaign for state Senate.
Wayne has my vote because I know that he is a true conservative fighter who will not be afraid to stand up for our beliefs, make the right decisions for our district and work hard to be a leader in the Senate.
Wayne supports Missouri values like cutting spending, reducing the size of government and reforming wasteful tax credit programs to ensure they no longer put a larger tax burden on Southeast Missouri families to fund handouts to politically-connected developers in St. Louis and Kansas City. I know that Wayne will do a great job as our next state senator.
I hope that the people of the 27th District will join me, Missouri Right to Life and many others in supporting Wayne Wallingford on Aug. 7.
JASON CROWELL, 3071 Lexington Ave., Cape Girardeau, MO 63701
Paid for by Friends of Wayne Wallingford -- Jerry N. Keele, CPA, Treasurer