- Obama shortens sentence of inmate from Cape (1/19/17)9
- Jackson police describe night of anger, car crashes, drug possession by 18-year-old (1/22/17)5
- Business notebook: Jackson salon owner also opens a clothing store (1/16/17)
- Area hospitals hope a box helps prevent infant deaths (1/19/17)6
- Meat-processing plant faces $70K penalty for Clean Water Act violations (1/17/17)4
- Local students to perform with choir at inauguration (1/19/17)3
- Southeast to lose $3.5 million from state in budget cuts (1/18/17)21
- Subjects of interest in 1992 killing take polygraph tests; results not revealed (1/18/17)2
- Governor cuts $146 million, colleges take hit (1/17/17)
- Comedian, cancer survivor Tom Green headlines sold-out Cancer Center benefit (1/22/17)
Paid election letter: Hitt is a poised leader
Coach Van Hitt has more than 40 years of experience in the education system as a teacher, coach and administrator. Van assisted me and many others during his time with the Jackson School District as an educator, coach and role model.
Van is also a lifelong farmer and previous small-business owner, which has given him invaluable hands-on experience. Van is a poised leader that has always encouraged hard work, professionalism and character throughout his career. I believe that if elected as state representative, Van would continue to demonstrate values that make him an ideal candidate for the people of the 146th District.
CHRIS HARTLEIN, P.O. Box 142, Jackson, MO 63755