- Cape businessman known for starting NARS dies at 49 (2/23/17)9
- Apparent punch at girls basketball game propels lawmaker into action (2/21/17)4
- Business notebook: Owners ready to roll out the Barrel 131 (2/20/17)6
- Japanese restaurant up and running; owner surprised by fondness of sushi here (2/24/17)
- SoutheastHEALTH, Washington University School of Medicine announce collaboration (2/24/17)18
- Missouri bill would limit transgender school bathroom access (2/22/17)48
- MSHP: McLendon shot in side; autopsy refutes witness account (2/19/17)23
- Annual father-daughter dance provides some fun bonding time (2/19/17)1
- City issues precautionary boil order near Arena Park (2/23/17)
- $22M bond issue would alter Jackson schools (2/22/17)13
Paid election letter: Metzger has the background and skills to be public administrator
I'm voting for Julie Metzger for public administrator.
In my position as an employee in the health information department of the hospital, I see firsthand the level of knowledge and skills required to be the Cape Girardeau County public administrator. It takes not only compassion, but also a true understanding of the system and how to ensure that the people who need the assistance of the public administrator are treated with dignity while being protected. These people don't always receive the compassion, understanding and timely assistance they need. By electing Julie Metzger for public administrator, the residents of Cape Girardeau County can rest assured that the office of public administrator is being run by someone who has the background and skills that sets her apart from the other candidates.
Julie has my vote.
TIM LIPE, PO Box 74, Delta, MO 63744