- Two men accused of selling meth to undercover cop (6/22/17)
- Police: Man grabbed wheel, tried to kill driver and himself in Jackson crash (6/23/17)
- Jackson scores high in survey of residents; better streets, Aldi are high priorities (6/20/17)4
- Cape man stabbed in head, arm after strip-club incident; skull fractured, police say (6/25/17)3
- Marble Hill mayor hires city manager without board approval (6/21/17)3
- Annual SEMO District Fair event lineup announced (6/23/17)1
- Two charged in theft of jewelry from Cape storage facility (6/23/17)1
- Library provides free lunches this summer (6/19/17)
- Jackson School District giving away bricks from 'Old A' building (6/23/17)2
Paid election letter: Friese shows character in honesty
Why vote for Mary Ann Friese for public administrator? Among the obvious reasons: she is well-qualified, has probate experience, real estate experience, is hardworking and has managed a successful business for more than 30 years; she is an honest person.
I once ran into Mary Ann outside a local business. Both of us were going in -- I to make purchases, but Mary Ann was returning to the store for a different reason. She had an item in her hand along with her receipt. She was not returning to tell them about an overcharge, rather she was returning to tell them they failed to charge her for the item and she pay for it. That truly is an honest person and one that I would want to manage my finances if I were a ward of the county.
Note: Mary Ann did not know I was telling this story.
SALLY STRICKLAND, 1580 Helmsdale, Cape Girardeau, MO 63701