- Waller deemed competent to stand trial (1/11/17)5
- Young Elvis impersonator from Bernie performs on 'Ellen DeGeneres Show' (1/12/17)
- Two subjects of interest in 1992 homicide to take polygraph tests (1/15/17)7
- 113 drug tests at Jackson High net one instance of illicit usage (1/11/17)15
- Two men shot after argument; houses also struck by bullets (1/12/17)21
- Business notebook: Jackson salon owner also opens a clothing store (1/16/17)
- Cape SportsPlex contractor offers a look at the project (1/15/17)14
- Two Cape men recovering after shooting (1/13/17)
- Imo's Pizza will be added to Rhodes 101 convenience store in Jackson (1/10/17)16
- Wallingford proposes bill to collect sales taxes on online purchases (1/11/17)30
Paid election letter: Friese shows character in honesty
Why vote for Mary Ann Friese for public administrator? Among the obvious reasons: she is well-qualified, has probate experience, real estate experience, is hardworking and has managed a successful business for more than 30 years; she is an honest person.
I once ran into Mary Ann outside a local business. Both of us were going in -- I to make purchases, but Mary Ann was returning to the store for a different reason. She had an item in her hand along with her receipt. She was not returning to tell them about an overcharge, rather she was returning to tell them they failed to charge her for the item and she pay for it. That truly is an honest person and one that I would want to manage my finances if I were a ward of the county.
Note: Mary Ann did not know I was telling this story.
SALLY STRICKLAND, 1580 Helmsdale, Cape Girardeau, MO 63701