- College algebra to be removed from Southeast required curriculum (10/10/17)1
- State declares test results for schools invalid (10/4/17)2
- Child-custody advocate: State law needs fix to provide parents with more equal custody (10/12/17)
- One of Cape's oldest mom-and-pop restaurants opens in new location (10/10/17)
- Past Rowdy the Redhawk mascot's identity revealed (10/15/17)
- Cancer will 'change your life, but it doesn't have to rule it' (10/8/17)
- Police chief, council: Cape Girardeau faces growing gun violence (10/17/17)4
- Bills addressing equal child custody to be filed, legislators say (10/13/17)
- Developer asks court to OK tax district board for improvements near Hobby Lobby (10/17/17)4
- Sikeston singer moves on with 'The Voice' (10/16/17)
Paid election letter: Friese shows character in honesty
Why vote for Mary Ann Friese for public administrator? Among the obvious reasons: she is well-qualified, has probate experience, real estate experience, is hardworking and has managed a successful business for more than 30 years; she is an honest person.
I once ran into Mary Ann outside a local business. Both of us were going in -- I to make purchases, but Mary Ann was returning to the store for a different reason. She had an item in her hand along with her receipt. She was not returning to tell them about an overcharge, rather she was returning to tell them they failed to charge her for the item and she pay for it. That truly is an honest person and one that I would want to manage my finances if I were a ward of the county.
Note: Mary Ann did not know I was telling this story.
SALLY STRICKLAND, 1580 Helmsdale, Cape Girardeau, MO 63701