- Woman sleeping in car accused of attacking Cape officer (7/26/16)13
- Mother charged after toddler falls out of moving car (7/29/16)2
- Seeking new history: Centurion Development buys former Woolworth building at 1 N. Main St. (7/28/16)5
- Police: Child's video revealed stepfather's abuse of sibling (7/28/16)3
- Cape resident gets seven years in prison for shooting at man (7/26/16)1
- Governor signs Rep. Swan bill that equalizes child-custody criteria (7/6/16)5
- Former Scott City mayor refutes claims made about loss of curbside recycling pickup (7/26/16)
- Burglary of trailer leaves its residents homeless (7/27/16)4
- Cape to get small-market ride-sharing service carGO (7/29/16)8
- Foot plots provide habitats and nutrition to attract wildlife, grow populations (7/18/16)
Paid election letter: Friese shows character in honesty
Why vote for Mary Ann Friese for public administrator? Among the obvious reasons: she is well-qualified, has probate experience, real estate experience, is hardworking and has managed a successful business for more than 30 years; she is an honest person.
I once ran into Mary Ann outside a local business. Both of us were going in -- I to make purchases, but Mary Ann was returning to the store for a different reason. She had an item in her hand along with her receipt. She was not returning to tell them about an overcharge, rather she was returning to tell them they failed to charge her for the item and she pay for it. That truly is an honest person and one that I would want to manage my finances if I were a ward of the county.
Note: Mary Ann did not know I was telling this story.
SALLY STRICKLAND, 1580 Helmsdale, Cape Girardeau, MO 63701