- How to save a life: Lifeguards resuscitated young girl at Cape Splash (8/17/17)2
- Stoogefest headliner cancels, cites NAACP travel advisory in Missouri (8/15/17)2
- Chaffee man charged with attempting to have ex-wife killed (8/20/17)3
- Woman dies in house fire in Cape Girardeau County (8/16/17)
- Scott City school chief gets raise, while some teachers don't (8/17/17)6
- Former Chaffee officer faces DWI charge (8/20/17)2
- PBS crew filming in Cape; Glenn House to be featured (8/17/17)
- Scott City Council reinstates police chief (8/16/17)1
- Near miss: Woman 'lucky' following train incident (8/16/17)
Paid election letter: Friese shows character in honesty
Why vote for Mary Ann Friese for public administrator? Among the obvious reasons: she is well-qualified, has probate experience, real estate experience, is hardworking and has managed a successful business for more than 30 years; she is an honest person.
I once ran into Mary Ann outside a local business. Both of us were going in -- I to make purchases, but Mary Ann was returning to the store for a different reason. She had an item in her hand along with her receipt. She was not returning to tell them about an overcharge, rather she was returning to tell them they failed to charge her for the item and she pay for it. That truly is an honest person and one that I would want to manage my finances if I were a ward of the county.
Note: Mary Ann did not know I was telling this story.
SALLY STRICKLAND, 1580 Helmsdale, Cape Girardeau, MO 63701