- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)37
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Ray's of Kelso, Plaza by Ray's to change ownership; Fonn to buy enterprise (04/20/16)3
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
Two charged with felony possession of marijuana in Dexter
DEXTER, Mo. -- A Dexter man and woman were arrested Friday for alleged possession of marijuana.
On Friday, the Stoddard County Sheriff's Department and the Dexter Police Department served a search warrant at a home in Dexter, according to Stoddard County Sheriff Carl Hefner.
The warrant was issued after "several controlled drug buys" were done from the residence.
Deputies found a "felony amount" of marijuana inside the home and arrested Ricky J. Burgess, 48, and Cindy Pruitt, 49. Both were charged with felony possession of a controlled substance. Both had their bond set at $50,000 cash-only.
Burgess and Pruitt will be arraigned Thursday before Judge Joe. Z. Satterfield.