- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)43
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)31
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
Bicyclist struck by car, killed in Perryville
PERRYVILLE, Mo. -- The sun may have been a factor in the death of a 71-year-old Perryville man in a bicycle accident Friday evening, officials said.
About 7 p.m., Robert Pinar and his wife were riding their bicycles southbound on Highway 51 in south Perryville, when they approached a disabled car on the side of the road, Perry County coroner Herbert E. Miller said. Pinar rode his bicycle into the southbound traffic to go around the vehicle and a southbound car struck him, Miller said.
The unidentified driver said the sun was in her eyes, Miller said. She put her hand up to block the sun and struck Pinar, Miller said.