- Business notebook: Cape salon picked as one of nation's top 200 (4/17/17)
- Man out on bond for alleged molestation of boys charged with abusing girl (4/18/17)
- Pilot House goes smoke-free (4/23/17)9
- New policy for semissourian.com online commentary: No pseudonyms (4/17/17)58
- Without city record, Marie Street residents on hook for thousands in sewer repairs (4/19/17)7
- Going the distance: Several locals participate in Boston Marathon (4/18/17)2
- City wants to put hold on shipping container houses for now (4/17/17)1
- Deputy: Man kicked, broke uncle's ribs after yard-work dispute (4/19/17)
- Cape councilman Bob Fox to run for mayor (4/21/17)5
- Scott County: M Kay Supply in Benton fills unique needs in community (4/14/17)
Charleston man arrested for home invasion
CHARLESTON, Mo. -- An arrest has been made in connection with a home invasion in Charleston on Saturday night.
George Johnson, 23, of Charleston was arrested Sunday, Charleston Department of Public Safety director Robert E. Hearnes said in a news release.
About 11 p.m. Saturday, police were dispatched to 1225 Oak St. on a reported home invasion, according to a department news release. Several suspects forced their way into the residence, shot one person several times and assaulted another, the release said.
Johnson has been charged with first-degree assault, first-degree burglary, armed criminal action and unlawful use of a weapon, Hearnes said in the release.
The gunshot victim was recovering in a hospital Sunday morning, officials said. Several other people in the residence were not injured.
Anyone with information concerning the incident is urged to contact the Charleston DPS at 573-683-3737.
1225 Oak St., Charleston, Mo.