- Legal discrimination complaint, ethics complaint filed in Scott City government (3/22/17)12
- Business notebook: Cape native goes from farm to mobile-food operation (3/20/17)1
- Mall aboard: Future requires evolution at West Park Mall (3/24/17)14
- Former Scott City administrator: 'I was forced to resign' (3/21/17)6
- Triplett manslaughter case set for July 2018 (3/21/17)2
- Former Southeast softball coach sues Board of Regents; seeks damages and her job back (3/23/17)14
- Two people found dead in Advance house fire (3/21/17)
- Two local lawmakers back charter school bill; Perryville lawmaker objects to measure (3/19/17)24
- Two Cape men charged with second-degree murder of Grandi (3/21/17)2
- Cairo man pleads guilty to bank murders (3/17/17)1
Charleston man arrested for home invasion
CHARLESTON, Mo. -- An arrest has been made in connection with a home invasion in Charleston on Saturday night.
George Johnson, 23, of Charleston was arrested Sunday, Charleston Department of Public Safety director Robert E. Hearnes said in a news release.
About 11 p.m. Saturday, police were dispatched to 1225 Oak St. on a reported home invasion, according to a department news release. Several suspects forced their way into the residence, shot one person several times and assaulted another, the release said.
Johnson has been charged with first-degree assault, first-degree burglary, armed criminal action and unlawful use of a weapon, Hearnes said in the release.
The gunshot victim was recovering in a hospital Sunday morning, officials said. Several other people in the residence were not injured.
Anyone with information concerning the incident is urged to contact the Charleston DPS at 573-683-3737.
1225 Oak St., Charleston, Mo.