- Man shot by police ID'd; witness shares his side of story (2/17/17)31
- Panda Express restaurant coming to Cape's Siemers Drive (2/14/17)2
- Settlement reached in accidental shooting case at Kelly High (2/15/17)10
- Jackson board votes to demolish high school building if bond issue passes (2/15/17)24
- MSHP: McLendon shot in side; autopsy refutes witness account (2/19/17)21
- Cape officer shoots man inside a home (2/16/17)7
- Southeast reports three confirmed cases of mumps; more cases possible (2/14/17)1
- Right to Work and Taxes (2/10/17)
- Former Cape cop indicted on possessing child porn (2/17/17)
- Man dies after being shot by officer; said to have come at cop with knife (2/16/17)29
Charleston man arrested for home invasion
CHARLESTON, Mo. -- An arrest has been made in connection with a home invasion in Charleston on Saturday night.
George Johnson, 23, of Charleston was arrested Sunday, Charleston Department of Public Safety director Robert E. Hearnes said in a news release.
About 11 p.m. Saturday, police were dispatched to 1225 Oak St. on a reported home invasion, according to a department news release. Several suspects forced their way into the residence, shot one person several times and assaulted another, the release said.
Johnson has been charged with first-degree assault, first-degree burglary, armed criminal action and unlawful use of a weapon, Hearnes said in the release.
The gunshot victim was recovering in a hospital Sunday morning, officials said. Several other people in the residence were not injured.
Anyone with information concerning the incident is urged to contact the Charleston DPS at 573-683-3737.
1225 Oak St., Charleston, Mo.