- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)7
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)38
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
Charleston man arrested for home invasion
CHARLESTON, Mo. -- An arrest has been made in connection with a home invasion in Charleston on Saturday night.
George Johnson, 23, of Charleston was arrested Sunday, Charleston Department of Public Safety director Robert E. Hearnes said in a news release.
About 11 p.m. Saturday, police were dispatched to 1225 Oak St. on a reported home invasion, according to a department news release. Several suspects forced their way into the residence, shot one person several times and assaulted another, the release said.
Johnson has been charged with first-degree assault, first-degree burglary, armed criminal action and unlawful use of a weapon, Hearnes said in the release.
The gunshot victim was recovering in a hospital Sunday morning, officials said. Several other people in the residence were not injured.
Anyone with information concerning the incident is urged to contact the Charleston DPS at 573-683-3737.
1225 Oak St., Charleston, Mo.