- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)7
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)38
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
La Croix Church to host leadership conference
La Croix Church in Cape Girardeau will be a local host for the Global Leadership Summit on Aug. 9 and 10.
The conference was developed by the Willow Creek Assocation, a not-for-profit organization based in Chicago that trains church leaders around the world.
"It is the premiere Christian leadership training out there," pastor Ron Watts said.
While the conference is open to everyone, Watts said most people who attend are church leaders, but local businesses and not-for-profits also attend.
"It is designed to help leaders of all sorts get better at what they do," he said.
Watts said the conference was originally held only in Chicago, but as it grew the organization added Premier Host Sites across the country. During the conference, a telecast is broadcast live from Willow Creek Community Church in Chicago to 185 sites. La Croix Church became one of the locations two years ago.
According to Watts, around 400 people attended the conference at La Croix the first year and around 570 last year. This year, he said he hopes to have more than 600.
Registration will being at 8:30 a.m. Aug. 9. The conference will be held from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. both days.
3102 Lexington Ave., Cape Girardeau, Mo.