- Krispy Kreme coming to Cape Girardeau (12/14/17)2
- Light and music show: Jackson family goes high-tech with Christmas display (12/11/17)
- Cape schools to get two new principals, assistant superintendent (12/13/17)1
- Former Wimpy's Drive-In owner Freeman Lewis dies (12/9/17)2
- Kelso resident brings home $60K in lottery winnings (12/14/17)
- Pedestrian struck on Broadway (12/11/17)4
- Wind brings down Wendy's sign in Cape Girardeau (12/11/17)2
- Feds ask judge to impose $6.5 million punishment for Cape surgeon (12/7/17)9
Jackson Sanitation Dept. Selected for ESGR Award
Employer Support of the Guard and Reserve (ESGR), an agency of the Department of Defense, has presented the Patriot Award to Brent Reid, Supervisor of the City of Jackson Sanitation Department, in recognition of extraordinary support of its employees who serve in the National Guard and Reserve.
Mr. Reid was nominated for the award by Specialist Aaron McElrath, an employee of the department and an Infantryman with Company C, 1/138th Infantry Battalion, Missouri Army National Guard in St. Louis. Aaron states that he is allowed to train with the Guard when necessary and is always welcomed back upon his return.
According to Brig. Gen. (Ret.) Tracy Beckette, ESGR Missouri State Chair, "The Patriot Award was created by ESGR to publicly recognize individuals who provide outstanding patriotic support and cooperation to their employees, who like the citizen warriors before them, have answered their nation's call to serve. "Supportive supervisors are critical to maintaining the strength and readiness of the nation's National Guard and Reserve units," as stated by Beckette.
Employer Support of the Guard and Reserve is a Department of Defense agency and no-cost resource that recognizes supportive employers, informs service members and employers about the Uniform Services Employment and Reemployment Rights Act (USERRA), and provides conflict mediation services.