- City suspends liquor license for downtown Cape bar; owners say they want to fix problems (3/26/17)7
- Mall aboard: Future requires evolution at West Park Mall (3/24/17)24
- Legal discrimination complaint, ethics complaint filed in Scott City government (3/22/17)13
- Former Southeast softball coach sues Board of Regents; seeks damages and her job back (3/23/17)15
- Former Scott City administrator: 'I was forced to resign' (3/21/17)6
- Triplett manslaughter case set for July 2018 (3/21/17)2
- Lawmakers put prevailing wage in crosshairs; laborers object (2/12/17)10
- Chaffee district seeks bond issue for classrooms, property (3/26/17)4
- 'Construction with finesse' (3/26/17)2
- Cramped quarters: April 4 proposition aims to ease crowding in Perry County District Schools (3/23/17)4
Jackson Sanitation Dept. Selected for ESGR Award
Employer Support of the Guard and Reserve (ESGR), an agency of the Department of Defense, has presented the Patriot Award to Brent Reid, Supervisor of the City of Jackson Sanitation Department, in recognition of extraordinary support of its employees who serve in the National Guard and Reserve.
Mr. Reid was nominated for the award by Specialist Aaron McElrath, an employee of the department and an Infantryman with Company C, 1/138th Infantry Battalion, Missouri Army National Guard in St. Louis. Aaron states that he is allowed to train with the Guard when necessary and is always welcomed back upon his return.
According to Brig. Gen. (Ret.) Tracy Beckette, ESGR Missouri State Chair, "The Patriot Award was created by ESGR to publicly recognize individuals who provide outstanding patriotic support and cooperation to their employees, who like the citizen warriors before them, have answered their nation's call to serve. "Supportive supervisors are critical to maintaining the strength and readiness of the nation's National Guard and Reserve units," as stated by Beckette.
Employer Support of the Guard and Reserve is a Department of Defense agency and no-cost resource that recognizes supportive employers, informs service members and employers about the Uniform Services Employment and Reemployment Rights Act (USERRA), and provides conflict mediation services.