- Cape businessman known for starting NARS dies at 49 (2/23/17)9
- Man shot by police ID'd; witness shares his side of story (2/17/17)31
- MSHP: McLendon shot in side; autopsy refutes witness account (2/19/17)23
- Apparent punch at girls basketball game propels lawmaker into action (2/21/17)4
- Business notebook: Owners ready to roll out the Barrel 131 (2/20/17)6
- Missouri bill would limit transgender school bathroom access (2/22/17)48
- Annual father-daughter dance provides some fun bonding time (2/19/17)1
- SoutheastHEALTH, Washington University School of Medicine announce collaboration (2/24/17)18
- City issues precautionary boil order near Arena Park (2/23/17)
- $22M bond issue would alter Jackson schools (2/22/17)12
Rupp Sensory Saturday Presentation
Carissa Rupp made a special presentation to the management team at Cape West 14 Cine at this month's Sensory Saturday. Sensory Saturday was organized by local concerned citizens and embraced by the theater staff to allow children with special needs the opportunity to see a kid-friendly movie in an atmosphere with more lighting, lower sound volume and the freedom to move about the theater. Rupp presented a special Brave poster inscribed with a special message from Brenda Chapman. "I am thrilled that Special Needs Children will be able to see Brave!! It's so nice to know that there are people out there who care enough to share their time to make sure these special kids get a chance to enjoy simple things like a movie. I know it's not so simple for them to get to see one -it's an honor for me to know that Brave will be something special for them. Bless you all caring!," stated Chapman, who served as writer, screen writer and director for Disney Pixar's Brave.
Carissa Rupp also presented a Missouri State Senate resolution honoring this program. The resolution was offered by her husband Sen. Scott Rupp and Sen. Jason Crowell. Sen. Rupp, a leading advocate for special needs children in the Missouri Legislature, learned of this special program through an editorial in the Southeast Missourian.