- Author of Waller's manuscript rewarded for helping feds (1/13/18)
- Police: Man dies from self-inflicted gunshot after standoff in south Cape (1/14/18)3
- MCA calls for protection of those found not guilty of animal abuse (1/10/18)2
- Scaling up: Long John Silver's adding an A&W (1/10/18)3
- Word to your superintendent: Glass rocks Vanilla Ice parody to announce cancellation (1/13/18)3
- Southeast to cut workforce to meet budget needs caused by state cuts (1/10/18)7
- Jackson Area Chamber of Commerce recognizes commitment to community at annual awards banquet (1/13/18)
- Church, businesses set up pop-up homeless shelter as winter storm approaches (1/12/18)1
- Plaintiffs' attorney wants jury to see basement steps at Cape courthouse (1/10/18)
- City of Oran water rates violate state law, auditors find; report details financial-management problems (1/13/18)2
Beacon Health Center hosts Annual Health Fair
BENTON, MO, July 27, 2012 -- More than 60 children benefited from Beacon Health Center's Back to School Health Fair with screenings, physicals and well-child checks, as well as free school supplies and other giveaways.
Beacon was joined at their location in Benton by community organizations, vendors, volunteers and area businesses for the second annual fair, held Thursday, July 26. "We received great, positive feedback from participants in this year's health fair," said Beacon President/CEO Tammy Gwaltney. "We know there's a real need in our communities for quality, convenient and cost-effective health care, and Beacon is proud to help fill that niche with events such as our annual health fair."
Economic and other factors often make purchasing school supplies and getting appropriate health care checkups difficult, if not impossible, for many families in Southeast Missouri, says Gwaltney. "The annual Back to School Health Fair is just one way of addressing both of those needs, thanks to great community support and the care of our providers at Beacon."
Beacon Health Center provides primary/urgent care on a walk-in and appointment basis, as well as expert mental health counseling and sexual violence victim services. Beacon has locations in Cape Girardeau, Benton and Perryville. Learn more by logging on to www.beaconhealthcenter.com, or calling (573) 332-1900.
About Beacon Health Center
Beacon Health Center is a provider of primary/urgent care, mental health counseling and sexual violence victim services, with three locations in Southeast Missouri. The Beacon umbrella includes the Southeast Missouri Network Against Sexual Violence, which formed in 1997, as well as the expanded Medical and Counseling services, which opened in 2010. Learn more at www.beaconhealthcenter.com.