- Deputies: Man, woman tried to arrange killing of his estranged wife (5/21/17)1
- Former coroner convicted of felony theft now faces prison in misdemeanor case (5/23/17)2
- Police: Woman arrested after meth found hidden in pants (5/26/17)2
- Cape police say man assaulted, kidnapped girlfriend (5/21/17)2
- Woman may lose foot after being hit by moped (5/24/17)
- Illinois Trail of Tears site where Cherokee buried named to National Historic Register (5/24/17)
- Two men face charges in Cape prostitution sting (5/28/17)
- Business notebook: Woman, sister-in-law buy Perryville custom-wear shop (5/22/17)
- Police apprehend Charleston man they say hit Cape woman with car (5/24/17)
- Broadening horizons: Heartland Dream Team founder stays committed to area youth (5/21/17)2
Beacon Health Center hosts Annual Health Fair
BENTON, MO, July 27, 2012 -- More than 60 children benefited from Beacon Health Center's Back to School Health Fair with screenings, physicals and well-child checks, as well as free school supplies and other giveaways.
Beacon was joined at their location in Benton by community organizations, vendors, volunteers and area businesses for the second annual fair, held Thursday, July 26. "We received great, positive feedback from participants in this year's health fair," said Beacon President/CEO Tammy Gwaltney. "We know there's a real need in our communities for quality, convenient and cost-effective health care, and Beacon is proud to help fill that niche with events such as our annual health fair."
Economic and other factors often make purchasing school supplies and getting appropriate health care checkups difficult, if not impossible, for many families in Southeast Missouri, says Gwaltney. "The annual Back to School Health Fair is just one way of addressing both of those needs, thanks to great community support and the care of our providers at Beacon."
Beacon Health Center provides primary/urgent care on a walk-in and appointment basis, as well as expert mental health counseling and sexual violence victim services. Beacon has locations in Cape Girardeau, Benton and Perryville. Learn more by logging on to www.beaconhealthcenter.com, or calling (573) 332-1900.
About Beacon Health Center
Beacon Health Center is a provider of primary/urgent care, mental health counseling and sexual violence victim services, with three locations in Southeast Missouri. The Beacon umbrella includes the Southeast Missouri Network Against Sexual Violence, which formed in 1997, as well as the expanded Medical and Counseling services, which opened in 2010. Learn more at www.beaconhealthcenter.com.