- A Whopper of an honor: Local company named top Burger King franchisee (11/15/17)3
- Federal jury finds surgeon Fonn guilty of kickback scheme (11/10/17)4
- Jackson elementary students try to help others with 'kindness boxes' (11/6/17)1
- Southern Illinois farmer's grapevines destroyed by dicamba; four years of work lost (10/29/17)2
- Aldi store reopens after renovations (11/14/17)3
- Chantelle Becking strives to make a difference through her family and community (11/10/17)
- Residents view pedestrian bridge as eyesore; city manager says it's designed to rust (11/13/17)8
- Cape County boy writes letter, hears from President Donald Trump (11/10/17)
- Medical marijuana may go to voters for decision (11/8/17)4
- Fourth-grade teacher Andrea Cox teaches students how to code, adapt to new technology (11/10/17)
Beacon Health Center hosts Annual Health Fair
BENTON, MO, July 27, 2012 -- More than 60 children benefited from Beacon Health Center's Back to School Health Fair with screenings, physicals and well-child checks, as well as free school supplies and other giveaways.
Beacon was joined at their location in Benton by community organizations, vendors, volunteers and area businesses for the second annual fair, held Thursday, July 26. "We received great, positive feedback from participants in this year's health fair," said Beacon President/CEO Tammy Gwaltney. "We know there's a real need in our communities for quality, convenient and cost-effective health care, and Beacon is proud to help fill that niche with events such as our annual health fair."
Economic and other factors often make purchasing school supplies and getting appropriate health care checkups difficult, if not impossible, for many families in Southeast Missouri, says Gwaltney. "The annual Back to School Health Fair is just one way of addressing both of those needs, thanks to great community support and the care of our providers at Beacon."
Beacon Health Center provides primary/urgent care on a walk-in and appointment basis, as well as expert mental health counseling and sexual violence victim services. Beacon has locations in Cape Girardeau, Benton and Perryville. Learn more by logging on to www.beaconhealthcenter.com, or calling (573) 332-1900.
About Beacon Health Center
Beacon Health Center is a provider of primary/urgent care, mental health counseling and sexual violence victim services, with three locations in Southeast Missouri. The Beacon umbrella includes the Southeast Missouri Network Against Sexual Violence, which formed in 1997, as well as the expanded Medical and Counseling services, which opened in 2010. Learn more at www.beaconhealthcenter.com.