- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)48
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says copsí good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
Kern - 50 Years
Mr. and Mrs. Ronald H. Kern of Scott City will celebrate their 50th wedding anniversary Aug. 4, 2012.
They also celebrated with a family trip to Branson, Mo., and Silver Dollar City July 16 to 18.
Kern and Rosemary A. Uhrhan were married Aug. 4, 1962, at St. Denis Catholic Church in Benton, Mo. Best man was Hugo Robert and maid of honor was Helen Uhrhan Drew, sister of the bride. Other attendants were Karon Riley Robert, Anna Marie Gossnell, Betty Berghoff, cousin of the bride; Phillip O'brien, Cletus Uhrhan, and Kenny Kern, cousin of the groom.
The couple has two children, Sherry (Donald) Thomas of Cape Girardeau, and Gary (Courtney) Kern of Scott City. They have four grandchildren, Zane and Victor Thomas and Gracelyn and Lillie Kern.