- Fatal-shooting victim ID'd; uncle said he tried to break up fight (9/29/16)30
- Driver charged with manslaughter in crash that killed 2 (9/27/16)
- Sister: Shooting victim died a hero (9/30/16)8
- Perryville couple arrested on felony drug charges after sting operation (9/29/16)
- Perryville High principal on leave; no reason given (9/28/16)9
- Video and evidence largely confirm trooper's claims in April traffic stop shooting (9/23/16)9
- Perryville man arrested for alleged patronizing prostitution, harassment (9/23/16)6
- Animal-rescue group receives grant from rock star for spay, neuter assistance (9/28/16)1
- Cape man may lose eye after shovel beating, police say (9/25/16)2
- Monia pleads guilty to 9 counts of financial exploitation of elderly; dealings with murderer Joseph clarified (9/28/16)11
Cape Girardeau received national exposure recently when it was ranked as one of the best small places for business and careers by Forbes.com.
In the list from across the country, Cape Girardeau was ranked No. 74 overall. Factors considered in this ranking include history, health care, murals and a university. Crime rates and recreational opportunities were also considered, among other things.
Other distinctions for Cape Girardeau include being ranked No. 36 in the cost of doing business, No. 107 in job growth and No. 67 in education.
Cape Girardeau and the surrounding communities do have much to offer. From our medical facilities, to the university and other educational opportunities, to our recreational facilities, among other things, this area is poised for growth.
We're happy to see the Forbes ranking. Hopefully this is something that will encourage other individuals and companies to locate here and find out what we already know.