- Plans in the works to save Esquire Theater on Broadway in Cape (2/21/18)2
- Man transitioning to woman killed herself in Cape City Jail in June; news comes from architect's pitch in Kansas (2/15/18)2
- Bell City arrest, Scott City incident highlight high-alert status following Fla. school shooting (2/20/18)4
- Cape Girardeau businessman proposes redevelopment project; seeks taxing district to fund improvements (2/17/18)16
- TJ's Burgers, Wings & Pizza expands with dining area in Fruitland (2/16/18)
- Pence gets it right in response to attack on Christian faith (2/17/18)6
- As February winds down, Chaffee looking forward to reopening of ice cream shop (2/21/18)1
- Scott City puts school on lockdown; officials say alleged threat 'not credible' (2/21/18)2
- The heart of the matter: Clinic helps patients rise above congestive heart failure (2/17/18)
- Jackson schools purchased former orchard land, will lease for farming for now (2/15/18)
Cape Girardeau received national exposure recently when it was ranked as one of the best small places for business and careers by Forbes.com.
In the list from across the country, Cape Girardeau was ranked No. 74 overall. Factors considered in this ranking include history, health care, murals and a university. Crime rates and recreational opportunities were also considered, among other things.
Other distinctions for Cape Girardeau include being ranked No. 36 in the cost of doing business, No. 107 in job growth and No. 67 in education.
Cape Girardeau and the surrounding communities do have much to offer. From our medical facilities, to the university and other educational opportunities, to our recreational facilities, among other things, this area is poised for growth.
We're happy to see the Forbes ranking. Hopefully this is something that will encourage other individuals and companies to locate here and find out what we already know.