- Cape teacher accused of assaulting student at football game (10/23/16)41
- Pedestrian killed during traffic collision on I-55 (10/23/16)9
- Scott County Sheriff Rick Walter faces challenge from criminal investigator Wes Drury (10/21/16)9
- 18-year-old killed in one-car crash Thursday morning (10/21/16)1
- One issue reveals Clinton's character (10/25/16)18
- Man arrested after dispute at school spurs brief lockdown (10/21/16)6
- One victim IDs his attacker in shooting that killed woman (10/25/16)1
- 'I feel for them' (10/20/16)1
- Hundreds turn out for VintageNOW fundraiser (10/23/16)3
- R.P. Lumber chain buys Southeast Missouri Builders Supply in Cape (10/25/16)7
Cape Girardeau received national exposure recently when it was ranked as one of the best small places for business and careers by Forbes.com.
In the list from across the country, Cape Girardeau was ranked No. 74 overall. Factors considered in this ranking include history, health care, murals and a university. Crime rates and recreational opportunities were also considered, among other things.
Other distinctions for Cape Girardeau include being ranked No. 36 in the cost of doing business, No. 107 in job growth and No. 67 in education.
Cape Girardeau and the surrounding communities do have much to offer. From our medical facilities, to the university and other educational opportunities, to our recreational facilities, among other things, this area is poised for growth.
We're happy to see the Forbes ranking. Hopefully this is something that will encourage other individuals and companies to locate here and find out what we already know.