- Golden Corral coming to Cape; may hire 100 workers (7/21/16)7
- Arrest warrants filed for six drug suspects in Cape (7/19/16)6
- Area groups working together to reintroduce elk in Missouri (7/18/16)1
- Pincksten's newest renovation project: 328 S. Spanish St. (7/17/16)6
- Suspect in downtown Cape shooting ID'd in court (7/20/16)2
- Trooper-involved homicide case rests in prosecutor's hands (7/17/16)15
- Jackson's former police dog euthanized Monday (7/21/16)1
- Hastings in Cape closing (7/22/16)4
- Governor signs Rep. Swan bill that equalizes child-custody criteria (7/6/16)5
- Jackson roundabout on schedule, on budget (7/19/16)7
Cape Girardeau received national exposure recently when it was ranked as one of the best small places for business and careers by Forbes.com.
In the list from across the country, Cape Girardeau was ranked No. 74 overall. Factors considered in this ranking include history, health care, murals and a university. Crime rates and recreational opportunities were also considered, among other things.
Other distinctions for Cape Girardeau include being ranked No. 36 in the cost of doing business, No. 107 in job growth and No. 67 in education.
Cape Girardeau and the surrounding communities do have much to offer. From our medical facilities, to the university and other educational opportunities, to our recreational facilities, among other things, this area is poised for growth.
We're happy to see the Forbes ranking. Hopefully this is something that will encourage other individuals and companies to locate here and find out what we already know.