- Krispy Kreme coming to Cape Girardeau (12/14/17)1
- Feds ask judge to impose $6.5 million punishment for Cape surgeon (12/7/17)9
- Light and music show: Jackson family goes high-tech with Christmas display (12/11/17)
- Former Wimpy's Drive-In owner Freeman Lewis dies (12/9/17)2
- Makeover at the movies: Transformation complete inside Cape theater (12/8/17)4
- Jury convicts Scott City man who confessed to murder; girlfriend's testimony corroborates confession (12/9/17)
- Cape schools to get two new principals, assistant superintendent (12/13/17)1
- Two Cape County residents, including former Jackson police officer, face burglary charges in Colorado (12/12/17)
- Pedestrian struck on Broadway (12/11/17)4
- Sugarfire Cape barbecue restaurant to open June 2018 (12/7/17)
Cape Girardeau received national exposure recently when it was ranked as one of the best small places for business and careers by Forbes.com.
In the list from across the country, Cape Girardeau was ranked No. 74 overall. Factors considered in this ranking include history, health care, murals and a university. Crime rates and recreational opportunities were also considered, among other things.
Other distinctions for Cape Girardeau include being ranked No. 36 in the cost of doing business, No. 107 in job growth and No. 67 in education.
Cape Girardeau and the surrounding communities do have much to offer. From our medical facilities, to the university and other educational opportunities, to our recreational facilities, among other things, this area is poised for growth.
We're happy to see the Forbes ranking. Hopefully this is something that will encourage other individuals and companies to locate here and find out what we already know.