- Cape man gets 8 years for robbery, his first offense (12/7/16)9
- 3 students in custody for violent threat; no details released (12/9/16)15
- Abuse suspect tries to take cop's gun; officer zaps him with Taser and punches his face (12/7/16)3
- Group seeks to create a neighborhood park on Cape Girardeau's south side (12/7/16)14
- Man sentenced to 103 years for murder of Cape woman (12/6/16)4
- Cape may allow residents to keep chickens; residents at meeting push for measure (12/6/16)34
- Poplar Bluff man accused of enticement, child porn in Scott County sting operation (12/4/16)
- Burglary suspect apprehended inside Jackson garage (12/4/16)
- Company to start recruiting businesses to Jackson, Cape (12/9/16)14
- 13 venues, 60 sponsors participating in Happy Slapowitz's Toy Bash on Thursday (12/7/16)2
Buchheit Honors 78th Anniversary with Founders Day
In honor of Rudy Buchheit and his many accomplishments, each Buchheit location is hosting Founders Day, Saturday, July 28 and invites the community to celebrate.
The event includes free food and drinks for all customers in the store between 10 a.m. and 2 p.m., as well as 10 percent back on a purchase of $75 or more on a Buchheit gift card. Customers can also register for a chance to win a $250 gift card at buchheitonline.com.
It was 1934, the midst of the Great Depression when Rudy Buchheit opened a small grocery shop in Biehle, Mo. Even through the economic hardships the store expanded to farming equipment and hardware items, thanks to Rudy's hard work ethic and fairness.
Rudy put everything he had into his business, even refusing to take a salary for more than two decades. He raised his 11 children in a home next to the store, teaching them the importance of hard work and fairness, which continues to be passed down generation to generation.
"Our grandfather instilled in each of us a hard work ethic and a commitment to treating the customer like a member of our own family. We're proud of the legacy he passed on and honor his memory daily, and want to share that memory with our customers each Founders Day," says Doug Buchheit, General Merchandise Manager of Buchheit stores.
Because of Rudy's values as a businessman and person, the Buchheit company has grown since 1934 to employ over 400 people and occupy seven locations across the area, each carrying the legacy Rudy instilled in his first store 78 years ago.
Saturday, July 28 each Buchheit location will celebrate Founders Day and invite everyone in the community to join. The event includes 10 percent back on a purchase of $75 or more on a Buchheit gift card, as well as free food and drinks for customers between 10 a.m. and 2 p.m. You can also register for a chance to win a $250 gift card at buchheitonline.com.