- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)47
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)42
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
Juveniles detained after allegedly assaulting neighbor
Three juveniles accused of assaulting a neighbor in Cape Girardeau on Tuesday evening are now in detention.
Cape Girardeau police spokesman Darin Hickey said police responded to a report of a fight in the 600 block of South Park Avenue around 7:45 p.m. and talked to several witnesses, who told them an ongoing neighborhood dispute led to a fight between an adult female and two girls, ages 16 and 14, and a boy, age 11, after one of the juveniles went up to the woman's house and began yelling.
The woman was not seriously injured, Hickey said, but sustained some scrapes on her body and minor injuries to her face.
Police aren't sure what prompted the dispute.
Cpl. Ike Hammonds of the Cape Girardeau Police Department confirmed the assault was being alleged by the victim as occurring because of her sexual orientation. No charges have yet been filed against the juveniles, Hammonds said, but juvenile authorities are looking at the possibility of charging them with burglary and assault.
600 South Park Avenue, Cape Girardeau, Mo.