- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Hopper Road to close for months during construction of Veterans Drive (04/27/16)9
GLENALLEN, Mo. -- Jerry Wayne Sitze, 70, of Glenallen passed away Monday, July 23, 2012, at the Missouri Veterans Home in Cape Girardeau.
He was born in Bessville, Mo., on Nov. 10, 1941, the son of Wilbur T. and Jewell M. Haynes Sitze.
He married Ella "Polly" Deck at Glen Allen Baptist Church on Nov. 5, 1960. She survives. He served in the Army in France. Following military service, he worked for McDonnell-Douglas Aircraft. He attended barber school in St. Louis and owned barber shops in Marble Hill, Mo., and Piedmont, Mo.
Besides his wife, he is survived by five children, Mike and Tim Sitze, both of Glenallen, Paula Snider of Marble Hill, Marla Sproat of Farmington, Mo., and Paul Sitze of Clarksville, Tenn.; a brother, Harold D. Sitze of Puxico, Mo.; 10 grandchildren; and two great-grandchildren.
His parents and a brother preceded him in death.
Visitation will be from 4 to 8 p.m. Thursday at Hutchings Funeral Chapel in Marble Hill.
Funeral services will be at 2 p.m. Friday at the First Baptist Church of Marble Hill. The Rev. Fred Ritter will officiate. Burial will be in Old Trace Creek Cemetery.