- Business notebook: Cape native goes from farm to mobile-food operation (3/20/17)1
- Three out, including city administrator, at Scott City; two resigned, one fired (3/16/17)1
- Several tournaments already booked at Sportsplex (3/16/17)6
- Legal discrimination complaint, ethics complaint filed in Scott City government (3/22/17)10
- Former Scott City administrator: 'I was forced to resign' (3/21/17)6
- Cairo man pleads guilty to bank murders (3/17/17)1
- Two people found dead in Advance house fire (3/21/17)
- Triplett manslaughter case set for July 2018 (3/21/17)2
- Two local lawmakers back charter school bill; Perryville lawmaker objects to measure (3/19/17)21
- Two Cape men charged with second-degree murder of Grandi (3/21/17)2
Save America from ...?
"Save America," you say!
From what? Outsourcing American jobs and banking U.S. currency in foreign lands? These business moguls that are so nearsighted by their greed, they can't see the future beyond the next quarterly accounting? These self-anointed spokesmen for freedom that wrap themselves in red, white and blue and then play the socialism card when their loyalty is questioned?
The growth liberalism is just a symptom of a much deadlier disease; unbridled greed! No, if full-blown socialism ever comes to be in America, liberals will not be responsible; the blame will fall squarely upon likes of these rogue capitalists who would rather sink the ship than part with even one dollar of their profits. If America is to be saved, we will have to pull it from the grasp of those who are selling it.
VAN RIEHL, Jackson