- Two men seriously hurt in crash near Fruitland (9/21/16)3
- Driver charged with manslaughter in crash that killed 2 (9/27/16)
- Perryville man arrested for alleged patronizing prostitution, harassment (9/23/16)6
- Video and evidence largely confirm trooper's claims in April traffic stop shooting (9/23/16)9
- Cape man may lose eye after shovel beating, police say (9/25/16)2
- Funeral procession of former Cape Girardeau police chief Henry H. Gerecke (9/22/16)17
- Cape man accused of attacking pregnant girlfriend (9/22/16)
- Planning, design puts renovations of H-H building into hotel on hold (9/26/16)5
- Show Me Center upgrades may allow facility to draw more elaborate shows (9/21/16)17
- Woman accused of pushing Wal-Mart employee after theft (9/27/16)
Save America from ...?
"Save America," you say!
From what? Outsourcing American jobs and banking U.S. currency in foreign lands? These business moguls that are so nearsighted by their greed, they can't see the future beyond the next quarterly accounting? These self-anointed spokesmen for freedom that wrap themselves in red, white and blue and then play the socialism card when their loyalty is questioned?
The growth liberalism is just a symptom of a much deadlier disease; unbridled greed! No, if full-blown socialism ever comes to be in America, liberals will not be responsible; the blame will fall squarely upon likes of these rogue capitalists who would rather sink the ship than part with even one dollar of their profits. If America is to be saved, we will have to pull it from the grasp of those who are selling it.
VAN RIEHL, Jackson