- Missing Jackson woman found dead in Bollinger County pond (06/23/16)2
- Many Jackson students may face random drug-testing (06/26/16)30
- Village of Zalma must disincorporate, law says (06/23/16)5
- Jackson man accused of felony assault after attack at Cape bar (06/26/16)7
- I want an angry president (06/21/16)17
- Coroner asks for grand jury in Poplar Bluff fatal hit-and-run case (06/28/16)
- Man allegedly kicks woman, punches man after denied a sexual favor (06/23/16)
- Witness says he saw suspect kill his best friend (06/24/16)
- Officials: Ash borer less of a problem here than in St. Louis (06/27/16)
- Business notebook: Melting Co. adds to Cape's food-truck fleet (06/27/16)
Save America from ...?
"Save America," you say!
From what? Outsourcing American jobs and banking U.S. currency in foreign lands? These business moguls that are so nearsighted by their greed, they can't see the future beyond the next quarterly accounting? These self-anointed spokesmen for freedom that wrap themselves in red, white and blue and then play the socialism card when their loyalty is questioned?
The growth liberalism is just a symptom of a much deadlier disease; unbridled greed! No, if full-blown socialism ever comes to be in America, liberals will not be responsible; the blame will fall squarely upon likes of these rogue capitalists who would rather sink the ship than part with even one dollar of their profits. If America is to be saved, we will have to pull it from the grasp of those who are selling it.
VAN RIEHL, Jackson