- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
Cape named to list of best small places for business
Cape Girardeau was ranked as one of the Best Small Places for Business and Careers by Forbes.com.
The city's history, substantial health care industry, numerous murals, and a university are all mentioned in the article ranking Cape Girardeau No. 74 in the list of 184 cities.
The rankings were based on 12 metrics including past and projected job growth, costs of doing business and living, income growth, educational attainment and projected economic growth.
Crime rates, cultural and recreational opportunities, net migration patterns and the number of highly ranked colleges in an area (according to Forbes' annual college rankings) were also factors considered in making the selection.
Cape Girardeau was ranked No. 36 in the Cost of Doing Business, No. 107 in Job Growth and No. 67 in Education.
Cape Girardeau, Mo.