- Cape man gets 8 years for robbery, his first offense (12/7/16)8
- Post-election taunts reported at Jackson schools (12/2/16)28
- Abuse suspect tries to take cop's gun; officer zaps him with Taser and punches his face (12/7/16)3
- Man sentenced to 103 years for murder of Cape woman (12/6/16)4
- Cape may allow residents to keep chickens; residents at meeting push for measure (12/6/16)33
- Burglary suspect apprehended inside Jackson garage (12/4/16)
- Poplar Bluff man accused of enticement, child porn in Scott County sting operation (12/4/16)
- Group seeks to create a neighborhood park on Cape Girardeau's south side (12/7/16)14
- Lt. Gov. Kinder weighs in on Trump's win, his future plans (12/4/16)13
- Cape police warn of 'Grandparent Scam' (12/4/16)
VBS at First Pentecostal of Cape
FIRST PENTECOSTAL CHURCH OF CAPE INVITES YOU TO BABYLON: DANIEL'S COURAGE IN CAPTIVITY. A summer family event called Babylon will be hosted at First Pentecostal Church 3054 Lexington in Cape Girardeau, MO from Wednesday, July 25 to Friday, July 27. Your child will step back in time at Babylon, exploring Daniel's adventures as a captive in a foreign land. Kids participate in a memorable Bible-times Marketplace, sing catchy songs, play teamwork-building games, dig into Bible-times snacks, visit Daniel, and collect Bible Memory Makers to remind them of God's Word. Plus, everyone learns to look for evidence of God all around them through something called God Sightings. Each day concludes at Celebration--a time of upbeat worship that gets everyone involved.
We will end VBS with a Grand Finale we call KidsPraise. Everyoe is invited, parents, grandparents & friends. There will be two performances of KidsPraise Saturday, July 28 & Sunday, July 29, both at 6:00 pm. During VBS your child will learn songs, puppetry and drama that will make them a part of the show! This exciting production will include drum corp, skits, songs, black light productions, puppets and so much more!
Also, Kids at Babylon will join more than a million participants reaching out to needy kids through a hands-on mission project called Operation Kid-to-Kid, in which families will raise money for mosquito nets to combat malaria in Mali, Africa.
Babylon will run from 6:00 pm to 8:15 each day. For more information, call the church office at 573-335-9291 or check out our website at www.fpccape.com.