- Two men accused of selling meth to undercover cop (6/22/17)
- Cape man stabbed in head, arm after strip-club incident; skull fractured, police say (6/25/17)3
- Police: Man grabbed wheel, tried to kill driver and himself in Jackson crash (6/23/17)
- Jackson scores high in survey of residents; better streets, Aldi are high priorities (6/20/17)4
- Marble Hill mayor hires city manager without board approval (6/21/17)4
- Annual SEMO District Fair event lineup announced (6/23/17)1
- Oran town board fired officer before hiring him as police chief; city officials say they can't remember reason for firing (6/25/17)2
- Two charged in theft of jewelry from Cape storage facility (6/23/17)1
- Playing with fire (6/25/17)
- Judge denies request to revoke sheriff's bond (6/25/17)3
VBS at First Pentecostal of Cape
FIRST PENTECOSTAL CHURCH OF CAPE INVITES YOU TO BABYLON: DANIEL'S COURAGE IN CAPTIVITY. A summer family event called Babylon will be hosted at First Pentecostal Church 3054 Lexington in Cape Girardeau, MO from Wednesday, July 25 to Friday, July 27. Your child will step back in time at Babylon, exploring Daniel's adventures as a captive in a foreign land. Kids participate in a memorable Bible-times Marketplace, sing catchy songs, play teamwork-building games, dig into Bible-times snacks, visit Daniel, and collect Bible Memory Makers to remind them of God's Word. Plus, everyone learns to look for evidence of God all around them through something called God Sightings. Each day concludes at Celebration--a time of upbeat worship that gets everyone involved.
We will end VBS with a Grand Finale we call KidsPraise. Everyoe is invited, parents, grandparents & friends. There will be two performances of KidsPraise Saturday, July 28 & Sunday, July 29, both at 6:00 pm. During VBS your child will learn songs, puppetry and drama that will make them a part of the show! This exciting production will include drum corp, skits, songs, black light productions, puppets and so much more!
Also, Kids at Babylon will join more than a million participants reaching out to needy kids through a hands-on mission project called Operation Kid-to-Kid, in which families will raise money for mosquito nets to combat malaria in Mali, Africa.
Babylon will run from 6:00 pm to 8:15 each day. For more information, call the church office at 573-335-9291 or check out our website at www.fpccape.com.