- Three out, including city administrator, at Scott City; two resigned, one fired (3/16/17)1
- Business notebook: Cape native goes from farm to mobile-food operation (3/20/17)1
- Police: Man beats pregnant wife, throws her down stairs, abandons her on side of road (3/14/17)17
- Several tournaments already booked at Sportsplex (3/16/17)6
- Cairo man pleads guilty to bank murders (3/17/17)1
- Former Scott City administrator: 'I was forced to resign' (3/21/17)6
- Two people found dead in Advance house fire (3/21/17)
- Two local lawmakers back charter school bill; Perryville lawmaker objects to measure (3/19/17)19
- Two Cape men charged with second-degree murder of Grandi (3/21/17)2
- Cape's 24-hour endurance run keeps growing; some will run more than 100 miles beginning Friday night (3/15/17)1
14th Annual RSVP/VIC Golf Tournament
The 14th Annual Retired Senior Volunteer Program/Volunteer Intergenerational Center Golf Tournament was held on Friday, July 20 at noon at the Cape Girardeau Jaycees Golf Course.
The team of Bank of Missouri -- Larry Angle, Kirk Buxton, Corey Buchheit, and Todd Woodfin won Flight A-First Place with a score of 59. Flight A -- Second Place Winners were from Craftsman Independent Union -- Janet Eichorn, Tim Crosno, Rob Christy, and Jeff Connell with a score of 60. The team of Howell Rice, Tim Seyer, Frank Essner, and Lisa Cooley placed First in Flight B with a score of 68. Chateau Girardeau consisting of Randy Buerck, Charlie Moore, Tom Simpson, and Gene Beussink placed Second in Flight B with a scorecard tiebreaker on Hole #17.
Contest Prize Winners were Bob Conger (Longest Putt), Gary Lynch (Longest Drive), George Glasscock (Closest to the Pin), and Brent Metze (Closest to the Line).
The 50/50 Raffle sponsored by Modern Woodmen of America was won by Ron Johnson - $223.00.
RSVP/VIC would personally like to thank the following businesses, organizations, and individuals for making this one of our most successful tournaments. Without your generosity, commitment, and volunteer efforts, we couldn't have done it without YOU!!!
Bank of Missouri
Modern Woodmen of America
Kohlfeld Distributing, Inc.
River Eagle Distributing
Bluff City Beer
Americare -- Independent Living, Assisted Living, and Skilled Nursing
Cape Girardeau Parks and Recreational Department
Dr. Jack Ruopp
Eye Consultants, Inc.
Ellen & Larry Seyer
The A. J. Weller Corporation
Plaza Tire Service
Private Correctional Services
Wiethop Truck Sales
American Family Insurance -- Rob Dohogne
Security Bank and Trust Company
Craftsman Independent Union
Lana & Ron Johnson
Clean The Uniform Company
Amick Burnett Funeral Chapels
Buzzi Unicem USA
Equipment Pro Inc.
Standley Batch Systems, Inc.
Artisan Contracting, Inc.
Edward Jones in Jackson
D & G Professional Cleaning Services -- Dave Sticht
Schaefer Water Centers
American Cancer Society
Chaffee Nursing Center
Horizon Screen Printing
John & Carolyn Robinson
Modern Woodmen of America Youth Group
Thanks to the golf players, many businesses that sponsored a team, etc., our RSVP/VIC Advisory Council for their hard work and last but not least, a special thanks to our sponsoring agency, Southeast Missouri Area Agency on Aging for their continued support and dedication to our programs.