- Longtime downtown Cape bartender Marcellus Jones remembered by friends (6/12/18)2
- Peter Kinder resigns federal agency post, concludes position unnecessary and waste of tax dollars (6/16/18)2
- Stormy Daniels to visit East Cape Girardeau (6/13/18)20
- Singer Neal Boyd dies after struggle with health issues (6/12/18)1
- Feeding deer in Bollinger, Cape and Perry counties prohibited soon to help curb spread of CWD (6/13/18)7
- Cape man charged with stabbing, killing dog for revenge (6/8/18)9
- Couple charged in beating death at Brick's (6/13/18)
- A community rallies behind Honorable Young Men's Club (6/16/18)
- New Zaxby's restaurant open in Cape (6/13/18)3
- New urban dance studio opens on Broadway (6/15/18)2
14th Annual RSVP/VIC Golf Tournament
The 14th Annual Retired Senior Volunteer Program/Volunteer Intergenerational Center Golf Tournament was held on Friday, July 20 at noon at the Cape Girardeau Jaycees Golf Course.
The team of Bank of Missouri -- Larry Angle, Kirk Buxton, Corey Buchheit, and Todd Woodfin won Flight A-First Place with a score of 59. Flight A -- Second Place Winners were from Craftsman Independent Union -- Janet Eichorn, Tim Crosno, Rob Christy, and Jeff Connell with a score of 60. The team of Howell Rice, Tim Seyer, Frank Essner, and Lisa Cooley placed First in Flight B with a score of 68. Chateau Girardeau consisting of Randy Buerck, Charlie Moore, Tom Simpson, and Gene Beussink placed Second in Flight B with a scorecard tiebreaker on Hole #17.
Contest Prize Winners were Bob Conger (Longest Putt), Gary Lynch (Longest Drive), George Glasscock (Closest to the Pin), and Brent Metze (Closest to the Line).
The 50/50 Raffle sponsored by Modern Woodmen of America was won by Ron Johnson - $223.00.
RSVP/VIC would personally like to thank the following businesses, organizations, and individuals for making this one of our most successful tournaments. Without your generosity, commitment, and volunteer efforts, we couldn't have done it without YOU!!!
Bank of Missouri
Modern Woodmen of America
Kohlfeld Distributing, Inc.
River Eagle Distributing
Bluff City Beer
Americare -- Independent Living, Assisted Living, and Skilled Nursing
Cape Girardeau Parks and Recreational Department
Dr. Jack Ruopp
Eye Consultants, Inc.
Ellen & Larry Seyer
The A. J. Weller Corporation
Plaza Tire Service
Private Correctional Services
Wiethop Truck Sales
American Family Insurance -- Rob Dohogne
Security Bank and Trust Company
Craftsman Independent Union
Lana & Ron Johnson
Clean The Uniform Company
Amick Burnett Funeral Chapels
Buzzi Unicem USA
Equipment Pro Inc.
Standley Batch Systems, Inc.
Artisan Contracting, Inc.
Edward Jones in Jackson
D & G Professional Cleaning Services -- Dave Sticht
Schaefer Water Centers
American Cancer Society
Chaffee Nursing Center
Horizon Screen Printing
John & Carolyn Robinson
Modern Woodmen of America Youth Group
Thanks to the golf players, many businesses that sponsored a team, etc., our RSVP/VIC Advisory Council for their hard work and last but not least, a special thanks to our sponsoring agency, Southeast Missouri Area Agency on Aging for their continued support and dedication to our programs.