- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)36
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
People on the move 7/23/12
Mary Kay unit recognizes the year's top performers
The Jana Jateff unit with Mary Kay Cosmetics recently honored top performers for the year: Husband of the year went to Lee Sanchez of Jackson. Beach trip winners were Kay Waller, Gail Sanchez, Chanel Tucker and LaDonia Beggs. Most consistent performers were Beggs of Jackson and Kay Waller of Cape Girardeau. Miss Go Give was Tucker of Cape Girardeau. Miss Enthusiasm went to Shelly Wilferth of Advance, Mo. Rookie of the year was Carmen Gonzolez of Cape Girardeau. Miss Mary Kay Image went to Sarah Arthur of Folsom, La. Queen of sharing was Sanchez of Jackson. The court of wholesale sales was: No. 5 Tucker, No. 4 Betsy Ferguson of Marquand, Mo., No. 3 Beggs and No. 2 Sanchez. The title of queen went to Waller. Jateff earned the national court of sales title and will be recognized in Dallas.
McMillan named as one of top 100 electronics installers
Danny McMillan, a mobile electronics installation professional at Stereo One in Cape Girardeau, has been named to Mobile Electronics magazine's Top 100 Installers list for 2011-2012. The Top 100 list is compiled each year from nominations by factory and independent sales and customer service representatives from the mobile electronics industry. Installation professionals on the list receive a wall certificate signifying their achievement as well as the right to use award artwork on their websites, marketing materials and social networks.
Burton-Hitt receives award for outstanding service
The Rotary Club of Cape Girardeau awarded Mary Burton-Hitt the 2012 Rush H. Limbaugh Sr. Rotarian of the Year Award for outstanding service to the Rotary Club of Cape Girardeau at its annual officer and board member installation banquet. Burton-Hitt is the executive director of SoutheastHEALTH Foundation. She currently serves the Cape Girardeau Rotary Club as treasurer and as a board member, and served as president from 2005 to 2006, program chairwoman, annual directory chairwoman and chairwoman of the Community Service Committee.
Tri-State Advertising names officers, new members
Tri-State Advertising & Marketing Professionals has elected officers for the 2012-2013 fiscal year and appointed six new members to its board of directors. Tonya Wells, assistant director of marketing at Southeast Missouri State University, will serve as president; Boyce Holt, owner of All Media Services LLC, will serve as vice president; Jay Wolz, director of alumni relations at Southeast Missouri State University, will remain as treasurer; Erica Wheeler, director of brand strategy at BOLD Marketing, will serve as secretary. The new board members are Andy Chronister, owner of Andrew Chronister Video; Amanda Hill, marketing coordinator at The Printing Co.; Nicholle Hinkle, project manager at Old Town Cape; Heather Holdman, project coordinator at the Center for Innovation and Entrepreneurship; Beth Mungle, marketing supervisor at Magna-Tel Collection; and Sherry Westbrook, web supervisor at SoutheastHEALTH.
-- From staff reports