- Cape teacher accused of assaulting student at football game (10/23/16)41
- Pedestrian killed during traffic collision on I-55 (10/23/16)9
- Scott County Sheriff Rick Walter faces challenge from criminal investigator Wes Drury (10/21/16)9
- 18-year-old killed in one-car crash Thursday morning (10/21/16)1
- One issue reveals Clinton's character (10/25/16)18
- Man arrested after dispute at school spurs brief lockdown (10/21/16)6
- One victim IDs his attacker in shooting that killed woman (10/25/16)1
- 'I feel for them' (10/20/16)1
- Hundreds turn out for VintageNOW fundraiser (10/23/16)3
- R.P. Lumber chain buys Southeast Missouri Builders Supply in Cape (10/25/16)7
Head-on collision kills one, injures seven
One man was killed Saturday morning in a head-on collision in Madison County, the Missouri State Highway Patrol reported.
David Gaines, 27, of Patton, Mo., was driving a 1999 Pontiac Sunfire westbound on Highway 72 when he crossed the center line and hit a 2008 GMC Yukon, driven by Anna Hillburn, 18, of Kennett, Mo., head-on.
Gaines was taken by air to Barnes Jewish Hospital in St. Louis, where he was pronounced dead. The lone passenger in his car, a 3-year-old girl who reportedly was not wearing a seat belt, was taken by air to Cardinal Glennon Children's Hospital in St. Louis with serious injuries.
Hillburn and five passengers, all between the ages of 12 and 14, were taken to Saint Francis Medical Center in Cape Girardeau via private vehicle. They all suffered minor injuries.
Missouri Highway 72