- Former Sikeston DPS director denies knowing about allegations against detective (7/20/17)1
- Compliance check results in underage citations at four Cape bars (7/19/17)1
- 49-year-old homicide victim found in Cape (7/20/17)
- Buffalo Wild Wings to hold fundraiser Wednesday for ailing Cape officer (7/19/17)1
- Chaffee City Council fires officer facing criminal charge (7/23/17)1
- At least one Perryville cop disciplined for misconduct (7/20/17)1
- Sikeston detective's files about murder suspect missing from DPS (7/18/17)1
- More details emerge in Perryville police-misconduct case (7/21/17)
- Witnesses make claims of officer corruption in Box/Robinson case (7/17/17)1
- Cape homicide victim identified (7/21/17)
USPS provides valuable service
The U.S. Postal Service plays an important role in keeping Americans connected. The Postal Service provides a critical link for American commerce, and in particular, for small businesses that use it to connect with customers.
As a small-business owner, I'm concerned about changes being considered in the U.S. House of Representatives that would reduce postal services I rely upon to run my business.
The USPS is vital to small businesses. It provides us with affordable billing, shipping and advertising options. In my business every penny counts! USPS is also consistent and reliable -- qualities small businesses rely on as we compete with larger companies.
The cuts being discussed in Congress, dropping Saturday service and slowing delivery by a day or more, would make it harder for me to run my business. Delaying the timely delivery of essential business communications to my customers and vendors could harm relationships I've spent years developing. Dropping a day of service would force me to turn to expensive private delivery services on Saturdays, eating away at my bottom line.
Congress should not pass legislation that cuts service to Main Street America. It makes no sense to add new obstacles for small businesses working hard to make ends meet in a tough economy.
KELLI SEABAUGH, Cape Girardeau