- Waller deemed competent to stand trial (1/11/17)5
- Young Elvis impersonator from Bernie performs on 'Ellen DeGeneres Show' (1/12/17)
- 113 drug tests at Jackson High net one instance of illicit usage (1/11/17)14
- Two subjects of interest in 1992 homicide to take polygraph tests (1/15/17)7
- Two men shot after argument; houses also struck by bullets (1/12/17)21
- Imo's Pizza will be added to Rhodes 101 convenience store in Jackson (1/10/17)16
- Cape SportsPlex contractor offers a look at the project (1/15/17)13
- Juvenile accused of stealing, damaging playground statue (1/9/17)25
- Two Cape men recovering after shooting (1/13/17)
- Business notebook: Faithfully Fed aims for more than just food (1/9/17)4
USPS provides valuable service
The U.S. Postal Service plays an important role in keeping Americans connected. The Postal Service provides a critical link for American commerce, and in particular, for small businesses that use it to connect with customers.
As a small-business owner, I'm concerned about changes being considered in the U.S. House of Representatives that would reduce postal services I rely upon to run my business.
The USPS is vital to small businesses. It provides us with affordable billing, shipping and advertising options. In my business every penny counts! USPS is also consistent and reliable -- qualities small businesses rely on as we compete with larger companies.
The cuts being discussed in Congress, dropping Saturday service and slowing delivery by a day or more, would make it harder for me to run my business. Delaying the timely delivery of essential business communications to my customers and vendors could harm relationships I've spent years developing. Dropping a day of service would force me to turn to expensive private delivery services on Saturdays, eating away at my bottom line.
Congress should not pass legislation that cuts service to Main Street America. It makes no sense to add new obstacles for small businesses working hard to make ends meet in a tough economy.
KELLI SEABAUGH, Cape Girardeau