- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Ray's of Kelso, Plaza by Ray's to change ownership; Fonn to buy enterprise (04/20/16)3
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
ADVANCE, Mo. -- Mary Frances Noland, 78, of Advance passed away Tuesday, July 17, 2012, at Southeast Hospital.
She was born Dec. 15, 1933, in Gordonville, to Henry and Opal Hitt Amelunke.
Mary was a member of Grace United Methodist Church. She was a telephone operator with AT&T 12 years. She was an avid gardener and loved her pets.
She is survived by her husband of 51 years, Ronald Noland; a daughter, Susan Shoaf (Gary) of Bartlett, Tenn.; a son, Paul Noland (Nancy) of Perryville, Mo.; five grandchildren, Adam and Erica Abernathy, Seth, Ryan and Nathan Noland; and a brother, Melvin Amelunke (Iola) of Jackson.
Visitation will be from 5 to 8 p.m. Friday at Ford and Sons Mount Auburn Funeral Home.
The funeral will be at 2 p.m. Saturday at the funeral home, with Tom Sullenger officiating. Burial will be in Cape County Memorial Park.
Memorial contributions may be sent to Grace United Methodist Church, 521 Caruthers Ave., Cape Girardeau, MO 63701.
Online condolences may be shared at www.fordandsonsfuneralhome.com.