- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
ORAN, Mo. -- Junior O. Watkins, 61, of Oran passed away Wednesday, July 18, 2012, at his home.
He was born Feb. 2, 1951, in Blytheville, Ark., to the late Oscar and Lillie Bowers Watkins. He married Connie Kaye Hilton on June 7, 1971. She preceded him in death Oct. 29, 2011.
Junior retired from Florsheim Shoe Co. in Cape Girardeau.
Survivors include a son, Danny (Tracy) Watkins of Jackson; a daughter, Anita (James) Mulcahy of Jackson; four grandchildren, Amber and Ethan Watkins, Kaitlyn and Sara Mulcahy; a brother, Donald Watkins of Oran; and a sister, Pam Wefenstette of Oran.
He was also preceded in death by a son, Michael Watkins; three brothers; and two sisters.
Friends may call from 10 to 10:45 a.m. Friday at Amick-Burnett Funeral Chapel in Oran.
A graveside service will be held at 11 a.m. Friday at Forest Hills Memorial Gardens in Morley, Mo., with the Rev. Larry Jackson officiating.