- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)32
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
Schedule of rec center construction changes
The Southeast Missouri State University Student Recreation Center-North will now be open July 30 through Aug. 5 due to a change in the construction schedule. It will be open during its normal operating hours of 5:30 a.m. to 8 p.m. Monday through Friday and noon to 7 p.m. Saturdays and Sundays.
However, the East Gymnasium will be closed during this time period so divider curtains can be replaced. Patrons will still have access to locker rooms and the upper cardio area.
The Student Recreation Center-South will revert to its normal summer operating hours of 11:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. Monday through Friday, despite previous announcements that it would have expanded hours during this period.
The Student Aquatic Center will be closed from July 30 to Aug. 12, and will reopen Aug. 13 as originally planned. This is due to work on new chlorination systems, changes in drainage grates and ventilation needs.
An estimated $350,000 in improvements will place in the Student Recreation Center-North in the coming month.
For construction updates or recreation hours, visit www.semo.edu/recservices.