- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)47
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)42
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
Two injured in two-vehicle collision Tuesday in Sikeston
SIKESTON, Mo. -- Two people were in critical condition after a two-vehicle collision Tuesday morning in Sikeston.
The Sikeston Department of Public Safety responded to the collision around 8:20 a.m. at East Malone Avenue and Ingram Road. Due to the severity of the accident, both police and fire divisions responded along with two crews from the South Scott County Ambulance District, Lt. Jim McMillen said in a news release.
According to reports, a pickup truck eastbound on Malone Avenue struck a small passenger car traveling on Ingram Road as it crossed the intersection, the release said. The car overturned and landed upside down in a nearby parking lot with the driver pinned inside, according to the release. The pickup truck overturned several times and ejected the driver, the release said.
Both drivers were flown to a local hospital and were reported to be in critical condition, McMillen said in the release.
The incident is under investigation, and witnesses with more information are asked to contact the department at 573-471-4711, the release said.
East Malone Avenue and Ingram Road, Sikeston, Mo.