- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says copsí good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Hopper Road to close for months during construction of Veterans Drive (04/27/16)9
Southeast Missouri State men's basketball player Nick Niemczyk garners academic honor
Southeast Missouri State guard Nick Niemczyk was named to the National Association of Basketball Coaches Honor Court for his performance in the classroom.
Niemczyk, who graduated from Bell City High School, also received the honor last year. He was one of nine players from Ohio Valley Conference institutions to be honored.
A player must be a junior or senior with a cumulative grade-point average of 3.2 or better and have spent at least one year at his or her current institution.
Niemczyk, a senior, started 20 games for the Redhawks last season. He averaged 9.2 points and 2.5 rebounds per game. He made 46 of his 125 3-pointers.