- Sikeston singer moves on with 'The Voice' (10/16/17)
- Past Rowdy the Redhawk mascot's identity revealed (10/15/17)
- College algebra to be removed from Southeast required curriculum (10/10/17)1
- Cancer will 'change your life, but it doesn't have to rule it' (10/8/17)
- Police chief, council: Cape Girardeau faces growing gun violence (10/17/17)4
- Developer asks court to OK tax district board for improvements near Hobby Lobby (10/17/17)4
- Bills addressing equal child custody to be filed, legislators say (10/13/17)
- Cape Christian School burglarized (10/18/17)
- The last person to be laid to rest at Old Lorimier Cemetery: Mary Russell Fox (10/17/17)2
- Load shift kills Jackson trucker (10/17/17)
PCMS Cheer holds camp
The Perry County Middle School Cheerleading team just finished a week at camp, where they received instruction from a former Perryville High School cheerleader.
The camp ended July 12, according to Head Coach Crystal Koenig. Her assistant is Haley Buchheit.
Briana Pinsanor, a 2009 graduate of PHS, is a NCA Cheer Instructor. She taught the middle school squad new stunts, cheers, chants, jumps and dances.
Five out of the 11 girls earned nominations for NCA All-American Cheerleader, Koenig said. "Two of the girls earned the distinction to attend the Disney Christmas Extravaganza in Orlando or the Thanksgiving Day Parade in Houston," she said. "The squad also earned awards as a whole.
"The first is the Herkie Team Award for exemplifying leadership, values, teamwork and sportsmanship. The S.P.O.T. Award for displaying excellent skills in spotting and stunt technique. Two blue Superior ribbons for chants and cheers. We also received a National Championship Bid to the NCA Senior and Junior High School National Championship."