- Cape man gets 8 years for robbery, his first offense (12/7/16)5
- Post-election taunts reported at Jackson schools (12/2/16)28
- Abuse suspect tries to take cop's gun; officer zaps him with Taser and punches his face (12/7/16)2
- Man sentenced to 103 years for murder of Cape woman (12/6/16)4
- Cape may allow residents to keep chickens; residents at meeting push for measure (12/6/16)33
- Burglary suspect apprehended inside Jackson garage (12/4/16)
- Poplar Bluff man accused of enticement, child porn in Scott County sting operation (12/4/16)
- Group seeks to create a neighborhood park on Cape Girardeau's south side (12/7/16)12
- Lt. Gov. Kinder weighs in on Trump's win, his future plans (12/4/16)13
- Cape police warn of 'Grandparent Scam' (12/4/16)
PCMS Cheer holds camp
The Perry County Middle School Cheerleading team just finished a week at camp, where they received instruction from a former Perryville High School cheerleader.
The camp ended July 12, according to Head Coach Crystal Koenig. Her assistant is Haley Buchheit.
Briana Pinsanor, a 2009 graduate of PHS, is a NCA Cheer Instructor. She taught the middle school squad new stunts, cheers, chants, jumps and dances.
Five out of the 11 girls earned nominations for NCA All-American Cheerleader, Koenig said. "Two of the girls earned the distinction to attend the Disney Christmas Extravaganza in Orlando or the Thanksgiving Day Parade in Houston," she said. "The squad also earned awards as a whole.
"The first is the Herkie Team Award for exemplifying leadership, values, teamwork and sportsmanship. The S.P.O.T. Award for displaying excellent skills in spotting and stunt technique. Two blue Superior ribbons for chants and cheers. We also received a National Championship Bid to the NCA Senior and Junior High School National Championship."