- Two men accused of selling meth to undercover cop (6/22/17)
- Police: Man grabbed wheel, tried to kill driver and himself in Jackson crash (6/23/17)
- Jackson scores high in survey of residents; better streets, Aldi are high priorities (6/20/17)4
- Former Cape cop faces stealing-by-deceit charge (6/18/17)4
- Marble Hill mayor hires city manager without board approval (6/21/17)2
- Cape man faces charges of victim tampering (6/18/17)
- Two charged in theft of jewelry from Cape storage facility (6/23/17)1
- Library provides free lunches this summer (6/19/17)
- Fire destroys two greenhouses at Travelers Gazebo site in Cape (6/22/17)
- Annual SEMO District Fair event lineup announced (6/23/17)
PCMS Cheer holds camp
The Perry County Middle School Cheerleading team just finished a week at camp, where they received instruction from a former Perryville High School cheerleader.
The camp ended July 12, according to Head Coach Crystal Koenig. Her assistant is Haley Buchheit.
Briana Pinsanor, a 2009 graduate of PHS, is a NCA Cheer Instructor. She taught the middle school squad new stunts, cheers, chants, jumps and dances.
Five out of the 11 girls earned nominations for NCA All-American Cheerleader, Koenig said. "Two of the girls earned the distinction to attend the Disney Christmas Extravaganza in Orlando or the Thanksgiving Day Parade in Houston," she said. "The squad also earned awards as a whole.
"The first is the Herkie Team Award for exemplifying leadership, values, teamwork and sportsmanship. The S.P.O.T. Award for displaying excellent skills in spotting and stunt technique. Two blue Superior ribbons for chants and cheers. We also received a National Championship Bid to the NCA Senior and Junior High School National Championship."