- Two men seriously hurt in crash near Fruitland (9/21/16)3
- Perryville man arrested for alleged patronizing prostitution, harassment (9/23/16)6
- Video and evidence largely confirm trooper's claims in April traffic stop shooting (9/23/16)8
- Cape man may lose eye after shovel beating, police say (9/25/16)2
- Funeral procession of former Cape Girardeau police chief Henry H. Gerecke (9/22/16)17
- Cape man accused of attacking pregnant girlfriend (9/22/16)
- Driver charged with manslaughter in crash that killed 2 (9/27/16)
- Show Me Center upgrades may allow facility to draw more elaborate shows (9/21/16)17
- Man convicted of Perryville convenience-store heist (9/21/16)
- Planning, design puts renovations of H-H building into hotel on hold (9/26/16)4
PCMS Cheer holds camp
The Perry County Middle School Cheerleading team just finished a week at camp, where they received instruction from a former Perryville High School cheerleader.
The camp ended July 12, according to Head Coach Crystal Koenig. Her assistant is Haley Buchheit.
Briana Pinsanor, a 2009 graduate of PHS, is a NCA Cheer Instructor. She taught the middle school squad new stunts, cheers, chants, jumps and dances.
Five out of the 11 girls earned nominations for NCA All-American Cheerleader, Koenig said. "Two of the girls earned the distinction to attend the Disney Christmas Extravaganza in Orlando or the Thanksgiving Day Parade in Houston," she said. "The squad also earned awards as a whole.
"The first is the Herkie Team Award for exemplifying leadership, values, teamwork and sportsmanship. The S.P.O.T. Award for displaying excellent skills in spotting and stunt technique. Two blue Superior ribbons for chants and cheers. We also received a National Championship Bid to the NCA Senior and Junior High School National Championship."