- Business notebook: Cape native goes from farm to mobile-food operation (3/20/17)1
- Three out, including city administrator, at Scott City; two resigned, one fired (3/16/17)1
- Several tournaments already booked at Sportsplex (3/16/17)6
- Legal discrimination complaint, ethics complaint filed in Scott City government (3/22/17)9
- Former Scott City administrator: 'I was forced to resign' (3/21/17)6
- Cairo man pleads guilty to bank murders (3/17/17)1
- Two people found dead in Advance house fire (3/21/17)
- Triplett manslaughter case set for July 2018 (3/21/17)2
- Two local lawmakers back charter school bill; Perryville lawmaker objects to measure (3/19/17)19
- Two Cape men charged with second-degree murder of Grandi (3/21/17)2
PCMS Cheer holds camp
The Perry County Middle School Cheerleading team just finished a week at camp, where they received instruction from a former Perryville High School cheerleader.
The camp ended July 12, according to Head Coach Crystal Koenig. Her assistant is Haley Buchheit.
Briana Pinsanor, a 2009 graduate of PHS, is a NCA Cheer Instructor. She taught the middle school squad new stunts, cheers, chants, jumps and dances.
Five out of the 11 girls earned nominations for NCA All-American Cheerleader, Koenig said. "Two of the girls earned the distinction to attend the Disney Christmas Extravaganza in Orlando or the Thanksgiving Day Parade in Houston," she said. "The squad also earned awards as a whole.
"The first is the Herkie Team Award for exemplifying leadership, values, teamwork and sportsmanship. The S.P.O.T. Award for displaying excellent skills in spotting and stunt technique. Two blue Superior ribbons for chants and cheers. We also received a National Championship Bid to the NCA Senior and Junior High School National Championship."