- Sikeston singer moves on with 'The Voice' (10/16/17)
- Past Rowdy the Redhawk mascot's identity revealed (10/15/17)
- Police chief, council: Cape Girardeau faces growing gun violence (10/17/17)4
- Politics to profits: Brothers launch new investing concept on Wall Street (10/19/17)1
- Developer asks court to OK tax district board for improvements near Hobby Lobby (10/17/17)4
- Load shift kills Jackson trucker (10/17/17)1
- The last person to be laid to rest at Old Lorimier Cemetery: Mary Russell Fox (10/17/17)2
- Cape Christian School burglarized (10/18/17)
- Food Giant in Chaffee is robbed (10/17/17)
- Owner of dinosaur relics demands new board of directors, business plan at Bollinger County Museum (10/17/17)
Paid election letter: Andrews demonstrates commitment
I highly recommend Ron Andrews for assessor in the Aug. 7 primary election.
I became acquainted with Ron through his service as an umpire for the Jackson Baseball League.
Five years ago, the JBL board asked Ron to be a one-man umpiring crew at the Leonard Sander Armory field, where 7- and 8-year-old boys play "America's Greatest Pastime." Ron accepted the challenge and continues to receive raving reviews from parents and coaches for his ability to manage the game and mentor the boys. In the months of May and June, Ron umpires two games Monday through Friday and three games on Saturday.
The question, "Why isn't Ron out campaigning?" has been posed numerous times by parents at the games.
My response has been, "When Ron makes a commitment, you can depend on him to meet that commitment."
If Ron runs the assessor's office like he runs a baseball game, the citizens of Cape Girardeau County will be well served.
MIKE BUCK, Jackson Baseball League board member/umpire coordinator, 597 Vail Drive, Jackson, MO 63755