- Peter Kinder resigns federal agency post, concludes position unnecessary and waste of tax dollars (6/16/18)2
- Stormy Daniels to visit East Cape Girardeau (6/13/18)20
- Longtime downtown Cape bartender Marcellus Jones remembered by friends (6/12/18)2
- Committee to start planning process for indoor aquatic center in Cape (6/20/18)1
- A community rallies behind Honorable Young Men's Club (6/16/18)1
- Southeast to spend $150,000 to refresh brand with Ohio firm (6/19/18)6
- New urban dance studio opens on Broadway (6/15/18)2
- Jackson natives compete in 260-mile canoe race (6/16/18)1
- Couple charged in beating death at Brick's (6/13/18)
- Mother, child reportedly hit by car in Cape Girardeau (6/18/18)
Paid election letter: Andrews demonstrates commitment
I highly recommend Ron Andrews for assessor in the Aug. 7 primary election.
I became acquainted with Ron through his service as an umpire for the Jackson Baseball League.
Five years ago, the JBL board asked Ron to be a one-man umpiring crew at the Leonard Sander Armory field, where 7- and 8-year-old boys play "America's Greatest Pastime." Ron accepted the challenge and continues to receive raving reviews from parents and coaches for his ability to manage the game and mentor the boys. In the months of May and June, Ron umpires two games Monday through Friday and three games on Saturday.
The question, "Why isn't Ron out campaigning?" has been posed numerous times by parents at the games.
My response has been, "When Ron makes a commitment, you can depend on him to meet that commitment."
If Ron runs the assessor's office like he runs a baseball game, the citizens of Cape Girardeau County will be well served.
MIKE BUCK, Jackson Baseball League board member/umpire coordinator, 597 Vail Drive, Jackson, MO 63755