- Jackson man to cast electoral vote for Trump; others trying to dissuade him (11/29/16)51
- Man killed by vehicle had been charged with domestic assault (11/30/16)
- Hotel chain president: City should regulate short-term lodging (11/27/16)16
- Former Cape council member dies, remembered as 'wonderful public servant' (11/29/16)1
- Woman accused in three robberies disguised herself as man (11/29/16)5
- Thankful people: Marble Hill woman been through much and remains thankful (11/24/16)
- Officers: Delta man dies during domestic dispute (11/28/16)1
- Business notebook: New store shows faith in Scott City district (11/28/16)
- Missouri chamber to honor Cape's John Mehner (11/30/16)4
- Light Christmas: Thousands gather to view Parade of Lights (11/28/16)5
Paid election letter: Andrews demonstrates commitment
I highly recommend Ron Andrews for assessor in the Aug. 7 primary election.
I became acquainted with Ron through his service as an umpire for the Jackson Baseball League.
Five years ago, the JBL board asked Ron to be a one-man umpiring crew at the Leonard Sander Armory field, where 7- and 8-year-old boys play "America's Greatest Pastime." Ron accepted the challenge and continues to receive raving reviews from parents and coaches for his ability to manage the game and mentor the boys. In the months of May and June, Ron umpires two games Monday through Friday and three games on Saturday.
The question, "Why isn't Ron out campaigning?" has been posed numerous times by parents at the games.
My response has been, "When Ron makes a commitment, you can depend on him to meet that commitment."
If Ron runs the assessor's office like he runs a baseball game, the citizens of Cape Girardeau County will be well served.
MIKE BUCK, Jackson Baseball League board member/umpire coordinator, 597 Vail Drive, Jackson, MO 63755