- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)44
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)35
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
Two charged with burglary in Mississippi County
EAST PRAIRIE, Mo. -- Two area residents were arrested in connection to a recent burglary.
According to Mississippi County Sheriff Keith Moore, Larry Lynn Taylor Jr., 27, and Hali Lauren Watson, 17, are charged with first-degree burglary, second-degree burglary, three counts of felony stealing of a firearm and two counts of felony stealing.
The pair were arrested after a search warrant was executed at a residence in East Prairie. At the residence, officers recovered numerous items, including firearms and other weapons, from a recent burglary of Story's farm office and shop, located in Wolf Island, Mo.
Taylor and Watson are being held in the Mississippi County Detention Center with Taylor's bond set at $200,000 and Watson's at $100,000.
"This case is still under investigation and additional arrests are probable," Moore said. "We still have more work to do to conclude this case."
East Prairie, Mo.
Wolf Island, Mo.