- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says copsí good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Hopper Road to close for months during construction of Veterans Drive (04/27/16)9
Cape Girardeau City Council agenda
401 Independence St.
Study session, 5 p.m. today
Meeting, 7 p.m. today
Items for discussion
* Planning and Zoning Commission report
* Girardeau Goes Green Advisory Board report, Sam Blackwell
* Tangible Results -- Planned Growth and Sustainability, Ryan Shrimplin
* Transfer station update
* Historic Boulevard District parking update, Trent Summers
* Appearances regarding items not on the agenda
* Agenda review
* Approval of the July 2 regular and closed session meeting minutes.
* An ordinance amending Chapter 17 of the city code and adopting a new Section 17-104 relating to urban deer hunting. Second and third readings.
* An ordinance amending Chapter 30 of the city code by changing the zoning of 229, 231 and 247 N. Clark Ave. from M-1 to RUMD. Second and third readings.
* An ordinance granting a special use permit to SADI Foundation Inc. and New Cingular Wireless PCS for the operation of a telecommunication tower and equipment building at 755 S. Kingshighway. Second and third readings.
* A resolution of support for the proposal from MACO Development Co. for the project for senior citizen housing. Reading and passage.
* A resolution authorizing the city manager to execute a design services agreement with Koehler Engineering and Land Surveying Inc. for the Safe Routes to School Program. Reading and passage.
* A resolution authorizing the city manager to execute a service location agreement with EZ Pay Missouri. Reading and passage.
* A resolution authorizing the mayor to execute an agreement with KCI Construction Co. for the wastewater treatment facility. Reading and passage.
* An ordinance annexing land upon the request of various property owners. First reading.
* An ordinance amending Chapter 30 of the city code by zoning various properties as RE, rural estate residential district, and R-1, single-family suburban residential district, respectively. First reading.
* An ordinance extending the boundaries of Ward 4 to include properties newly annexed into the city. First reading.
* An ordinance updating and readopting Sections 2-76 to 2-38 of the city code relating to conflicts of interest. First reading.
* An ordinance establishing utility rates by amending Chapter 29 of the city code relating to water and sewers. First reading.
* An ordinance authorizing the mayor to execute a quitclaim deed to Carlos and Emmagene Ratliff for property along Perryville Road. First reading.
* An ordinance accepting a utility easement executed by First Presbyterian Church of Cape Girardeau at 232 Broadway. First reading.
* An ordinance appropriating monies for operating expenditures from the Convention and Tourism Fund for the fiscal year ending June 30, 2013. First reading.
* An ordinance approving the record plat of Centurion Subdivision in the city of Cape Girardeau. First reading.