- Andrew Jackson bridal shop under new ownership (12/31/12)
- Ameren Missouri seeks new transmission line (12/24/12)
- Perryville company behind Kentucky distillery (12/17/12)
- Regional unemployment down, retail sales holding (12/10/12)
- Realtors glad to see rebound in home sales (12/03/12)
- United Way campaign jumps off to strong start (11/26/12)
- Join in to share Black Friday shopping stories (11/19/12)
Agritourism Bus Tour to be held in August in the Cape Girardeau and Perryville area
Missouri Farm Bureau will host an Agritourism Bus Tour and conference Aug. 24 and 25 in the Cape Girardeau and Perryville, Mo., areas.
Anyone currently involved in agritourism or considering diversifying their farm into an agritourism business is encouraged to attend.
The tour will depart at 9:45 a.m. Aug. 24. It will feature stops at Lazy L Safari Park and Meier Horseshoe Pines, both in Jackson, and Barrens Winery and Perryville Pumpkin Farm, both in Perryville.
The tour will be followed by a networking reception, dinner and series of mini-workshops on business and marketing planning, networking in the tourism industry and liability and insurance issues.
Cost is $50 per person and people should preregister by Aug. 3. For more information, contact the Missouri Farm Bureau Marketing and Commodities Department at 573-893-1417 or email email@example.com.
* The Missouri Highways and Transportation Commission recently awarded several contracts for Southeast District projects including a $6,679,015 contract to Apex Paving Co. of Cape Girardeau for installation of guard cable on Interstate 55, from Interstate 57 to the Arkansas state line.
* Cape Girardeau Career and Technology Center and Workforce Employment Solutions recently announced a new and exciting partnership for the students at the center. This month, Workforce Employment Solutions will begin managing the Career Placement office serving students in traditional programs. Workforce will be responsible for preparing students for employment, arranging internship opportunities, assisting with resume and interview preparation and acting as a liaison between the center and the business community.
"We are excited to have Workforce join our team as we look toward the future," said the center director Richard Payne. "Their expertise in placement and our continued work with area students will provide a quality workforce for Cape Girardeau and the surrounding communities."
Workforce has nine offices throughout Southeast Missouri, including a local office in Cape Girardeau. For more information, people may contact Joe Rozier at 573-334-9700.
* Sunsational Pools, formerly Solar Pools, at 33 North Ellis St. in Cape Girardeau, is now under new ownership. A grand opening celebration will be held July 23 to 28. Longtime employee Clayton Bryant, who has 30 years of experience in the pool care industry, has purchased the business. Sunsational Pools specializes in pool opening and closing, weekly maintenance contracts, installation, equipment service, repairs and renovations, as well as chemical products. Customers can also bring in a sample of their water for a free water analysis.
Southeast Missourian business editor Melissa Miller may be contacted at 388-3646 or firstname.lastname@example.org.