- Cape teacher accused of assaulting student at football game (10/23/16)41
- Pedestrian killed during traffic collision on I-55 (10/23/16)9
- Scott County Sheriff Rick Walter faces challenge from criminal investigator Wes Drury (10/21/16)9
- 18-year-old killed in one-car crash Thursday morning (10/21/16)1
- One issue reveals Clinton's character (10/25/16)17
- Man arrested after dispute at school spurs brief lockdown (10/21/16)6
- One victim IDs his attacker in shooting that killed woman (10/25/16)1
- 'I feel for them' (10/20/16)1
- Hundreds turn out for VintageNOW fundraiser (10/23/16)3
- R.P. Lumber chain buys Southeast Missouri Builders Supply in Cape (10/25/16)7
Mary A. Bethards, 88, of Cape Girardeau died Saturday, July 14, 2012, at the Lutheran Home.
She was born June 6, 1924, in Alton, Ill., to Walter L. and Julia A. Schmidt Smith. Mary and Leo Bethards were married Sept. 26, 1942, at Old Monroe, Mo. He died June 18, 2005.
Mary was an accomplished artist. She was a concert pianist and piano teacher for 25 years.
She was preceded in death by her parents and husband.
Visitation will be from 10 to 11 a.m. Tuesday at Ford and Sons Mount Auburn Chapel.
The funeral will be at 11 a.m. Tuesday at the chapel, with the Rev. Karl Leeman officiating. Burial will be at Woodland Hills Cemetery in Wood River, Ill.
Memorial contributions may be given to the Lutheran Home, 2825 Bloomfield Road, Cape Girardeau, MO 63703.
Online condolences may be made at www.fordandsonsfuneralhome.com.