- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Hopper Road to close for months during construction of Veterans Drive (04/27/16)9
Sikeston man arrested for sexual misconduct with 9-year-old
SIKESTON, Mo. -- A Sikeston has been arrested man after allegedly showing pornographic movies and undressing himself in front of a child.
Willie Ray McGee, 61, is charged with five felony counts of sexual misconduct involving a child under 15 years old and five misdemeanor counts of furnishing or attempting to furnish pornographic material to a minor.
On Tuesday, the Sikeston Department of Public Safety received a complaint from a woman who said her relative was showing her 9-year-old child pornographic movies and undressing himself in front of the child, according to Lt. Jim McMillen, public information officer for the department. The child told the mother about the incident, and the mother reported it to the department.
A search warrant was conducted at McGee's residence Wednesday night, McMillen said. The child also underwent a sexual assault forensic exam through the Southeast Missouri Network Against Sexual Violence, he said.
Bond is set at $35,000 cash only, and McGee has been instructed to have no contact with minors.