- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)47
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
Perryville man injured after allegedly fleeing deputy, crashing
A Perryville, Mo., man was hospitalized with serious injuries after he fled a Perry County sheriff's deputy and crashed his vehicle early Sunday morning, authorities said.
About 2:50 a.m., a deputy attempted to make a traffic stop on Dylan A. Bohnert, 19, who was driving a 1996 Ford on Perry County Road 906, according to a Missouri State Highway Patrol report.
Bohnert was eastbound when he lost control of his vehicle on a curve, went off the road, struck a tree and overturned, troopers said.
Bohnert, who was not wearing a seat belt, suffered serious injuries and was flown to St. Louis University Hospital.