- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)7
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)38
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
Three arrested after Scott County sexual assault investigation
BENTON, Mo. -- Two men and a juvenile have been arrested following a sexual assault investigation, according to Scott County Sheriff Rick Walter.
Christerfer W. Morrison, 21, of Morehouse, Mo., and John R. Ralph Jr., 19, of Miner, Mo., have both been charged with first-degree statutory rape and first-degree statutory sodomy.
Walter said the sheriff's department received a complaint early Friday morning that the two men and juvenile engaged in unlawful sexual contact with a girl under 14.
Morrison and Ralph are in custody in the Scott County Jail on $50,000 bonds. Walter said the juvenile was turned over to the Scott County Juvenile Office.