- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Neighbors mystified over why man was killed by state trooper (05/03/16)22
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- 'American Pickers' visits Poplar Bluff (04/29/16)
Melba Laverne Beard, 93, of Jackson passed away Thursday, July 12, 2012, at Jackson Manor Nursing Home.
She was born Nov. 26, 1918, in Lutesville, Mo., daughter of Marvin and Permelia Ridings Jackson.
Melba worked many years at Bussman Fuse Co. in St. Louis, and also provided in-home compassion care for the elderly. She was of the Pentecostal belief.
Loving survivors include two daughters-in-law, Anne Beard and Ella Mae Beard of Jackson; seven grandchildren; 13 great-grandchildren; and six great-great-grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by two sons, Kenneth and Darrell Beard; three sisters; and a brother.
Friends may callfrom noon until time of service Sunday at McCombs Funeral Home in Jackson.
The funeral will be at 2 p.m. Sunday at the funeral home, with the Rev. Mike Huffman officiating. Interment will be in Russell Heights Cemetery in Jackson.
The family suggests that memorials be made to Southeast Hospice.
Sympathy messages may be sent to the family online at www.mccombsfuneralhome.com.