- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)7
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)38
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
Fire crews battle apartment blaze in Cape Girardeau
Firefighters rescued a Cape Girardeau woman from an apartment fire that started just after noon Thursday. Another woman was taken to the hospital.
The fire began in a ground-floor unit in building H of the apartment complex at 121 E. Rodney. It spread to the upper story according to Capt. Ray Warner. The occupant of the upper level unit had to be rescued by fire fighters.
The resident of the apartment where the fire began escaped on her own, but later asked to be treated for smoke inhalation and was transported to a hospital.
No emergency workers were injured.