- Cape man gets 8 years for robbery, his first offense (12/7/16)9
- 3 students in custody for violent threat; no details released (12/9/16)15
- Abuse suspect tries to take cop's gun; officer zaps him with Taser and punches his face (12/7/16)3
- Group seeks to create a neighborhood park on Cape Girardeau's south side (12/7/16)14
- Man sentenced to 103 years for murder of Cape woman (12/6/16)4
- Cape may allow residents to keep chickens; residents at meeting push for measure (12/6/16)34
- Poplar Bluff man accused of enticement, child porn in Scott County sting operation (12/4/16)
- Burglary suspect apprehended inside Jackson garage (12/4/16)
- Company to start recruiting businesses to Jackson, Cape (12/9/16)14
- 13 venues, 60 sponsors participating in Happy Slapowitz's Toy Bash on Thursday (12/7/16)2
Girardot Chapter IAAP Uses Games to Bond
Girardot Chapter of International Association of Administrative Professionals (IAAP) took a July break from business meetings and professional seminars to focus on team building. The chapter came together in a game night, rotating from table to table in an effort to get to interact with everyone. An entertaining evening set up new understanding between members that don't usually get time to spend with each other. It was a great stress buster for busy administrative professionals.
IAAP is an organization for any administrative professional that is seeking professional growth. The International Association of Administrative Professionals (IAAP) is a not-for-profit professional association for office professionals with approximately 28,000 members and affiliates and nearly 600 chapters worldwide. Celebrating its 70th year, IAAP assists office professionals to reach their career goals through education, community building and leadership development. Their certification programs are recognized as the industry standard of proficiency. If you would like to join us as we create a better workplace, one admin at a time, contact Membership chair Sherri Jenkins at 573-651-2112.