- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)45
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)35
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
Bloomfield Street home damaged in fire
No one was home when fire heavily damaged a Cape Girardeau home early Wednesday evening.
Shortly before 6 p.m., neighbors reported thick brown smoke coming from the eaves of a home at 1911 Bloomfield St., fire chief Rick Ennis said.
Sixteen firefighters in five firetrucks responded and brought the fire under control in about 10 minutes, he said. The fire was primarily in the hidden voids within walls, Ennis
No one was injured in the incident, Ennis said. The fire remained under investigation Wednesday.
1911 Bloomfield St., Cape Girardeau MO