- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)48
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says copsí good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
Summer baseball roundup 7/11/12
Jackson downs Ste. Genevieve
Steve Eddy pitched the Jackson Senior American Legion baseball team past visiting Ste. Genevieve 8-5 in a scheduled nine-inning game Tuesday.
Eddy allowed 11 hits and five earned runs over 8 1/3 innings. He struck out four and walked three.
Kyle James led Jackson with three hits, while Alex Bolen hit a two-run homer.
Cody Harris and Cody Heisserer both went 2 for 4 for Jackson (30-12).
Scott County beats up Bulls
The Scott County Junior American Legion baseball team defeated the U-14 Missouri Bulls 23-9 in nine innings Tuesday.
Layne Spies went 4 for 7 with three runs scored and six RBIs, while Lane Henson went 3 for 4 with three runs scored and five RBIs.
Gaven Ray went 4 for 4 with four runs scored, while Zach Carlyle, Zane Eggimann and Trevor Job all collected three hits for Scott County (15-15).
Henson earned the win on the mound. He struck out four and allowed two earned runs over three innings.
-- From staff reports