- 3 charged with burglarizing Scott City bar (10/14/16)4
- Shooting injures two people in Cape early Tuesday (10/19/16)34
- Perry County: A great place to find home away from home (10/14/16)
- Tours provide a glimpse of Cape Girardeau's supposedly haunted past (10/17/16)1
- Cape Girardeau County: A great place to grab a bite (10/14/16)2
- 'I feel for them' (10/20/16)1
- 18-year-old killed in one-car crash Thursday morning (10/21/16)
- Benton man accused of statutory rape, selling pot (10/20/16)1
- Three weeks and then what? (10/18/16)2
- Suspected attacker of Southeast student apprehended (10/19/16)5
LOCAL YOUTH ELECTED TO MO STATE 4-H COUNCIL
Greg Birk (right) handing his green State 4-H Council jacket to his daughter, Rachel Birk.
Rachel Birk of Charleston has returned from Columbia, where she was elected to the State 4-H Council as a Southeast Missouri Representative. On May 30-June 1, over 300 Missouri teens atttend the Missouri State 4-H Congress.
Rachel is a junior at Kelly High School and an active member of the Kids Rock 4-H Club. "I'm looking forward to an exciting year on the State 4-H Council and following in my father's footsteps who served on the State 4-H Council during his 4-H years."
There are currently over 23,000 Missouri youth participating in 4-H clubs. For more information on Missouri 4-H youth programs, visit the 4-H website at http://4h.missouri.edu. Missouri 4-H is a program of MU Extension.