- Plans in the works to save Esquire Theater on Broadway in Cape (2/21/18)2
- Pence gets it right in response to attack on Christian faith (2/17/18)12
- As February winds down, Chaffee looking forward to reopening of ice cream shop (2/21/18)1
- Scott City puts school on lockdown; officials say alleged threat 'not credible' (2/21/18)2
- The heart of the matter: Clinic helps patients rise above congestive heart failure (2/17/18)
- Local foodies share most romantic places (2/22/18)
- Missouri governor indicted on invasion of privacy charge (2/23/18)6
LOCAL YOUTH ELECTED TO MO STATE 4-H COUNCIL
Greg Birk (right) handing his green State 4-H Council jacket to his daughter, Rachel Birk.
Rachel Birk of Charleston has returned from Columbia, where she was elected to the State 4-H Council as a Southeast Missouri Representative. On May 30-June 1, over 300 Missouri teens atttend the Missouri State 4-H Congress.
Rachel is a junior at Kelly High School and an active member of the Kids Rock 4-H Club. "I'm looking forward to an exciting year on the State 4-H Council and following in my father's footsteps who served on the State 4-H Council during his 4-H years."
There are currently over 23,000 Missouri youth participating in 4-H clubs. For more information on Missouri 4-H youth programs, visit the 4-H website at http://4h.missouri.edu. Missouri 4-H is a program of MU Extension.