- Marble Hill fires entire sewer department (8/23/16)5
- Ex-Southeast student gets probation for placing homemade sex video on porn site without woman's knowledge (8/24/16)13
- The Chrome Queens (8/21/16)2
- Bootheel lawmaker seeks probe into crop damage by illegal herbicide spraying (8/24/16)1
- Witness says he saw man shoot Domorlo McCaster (8/19/16)2
- Local private school dreams bigger, plans for new building at Sprigg and Lexington (8/22/16)
- Newsmakers 2016: Jason Bandermann (8/15/16)
- Pitmasters to descend on Arena Park for Cape BBQ Fest (8/19/16)2
- Southeast imposes 'interim suspension' of Sigma Nu fraternity over vandalism incident (8/19/16)22
- New CEO named at Wood & Huston Bank (8/21/16)
LOCAL YOUTH ELECTED TO MO STATE 4-H COUNCIL
Greg Birk (right) handing his green State 4-H Council jacket to his daughter, Rachel Birk.
Rachel Birk of Charleston has returned from Columbia, where she was elected to the State 4-H Council as a Southeast Missouri Representative. On May 30-June 1, over 300 Missouri teens atttend the Missouri State 4-H Congress.
Rachel is a junior at Kelly High School and an active member of the Kids Rock 4-H Club. "I'm looking forward to an exciting year on the State 4-H Council and following in my father's footsteps who served on the State 4-H Council during his 4-H years."
There are currently over 23,000 Missouri youth participating in 4-H clubs. For more information on Missouri 4-H youth programs, visit the 4-H website at http://4h.missouri.edu. Missouri 4-H is a program of MU Extension.