- Cape teacher accused of assaulting student at football game (10/23/16)31
- Pedestrian killed during traffic collision on I-55 (10/23/16)8
- Scott County Sheriff Rick Walter faces challenge from criminal investigator Wes Drury (10/21/16)8
- Shooting injures two people in Cape early Tuesday (10/19/16)34
- 18-year-old killed in one-car crash Thursday morning (10/21/16)1
- Man arrested after dispute at school spurs brief lockdown (10/21/16)6
- 'I feel for them' (10/20/16)1
- Perry County: A great place to find home away from home (10/14/16)
- Hundreds turn out for VintageNOW fundraiser (10/23/16)3
- Crews are working on the new Drury Hotel (10/21/16)4
Jackson's Peiffer earns spot on All-America football team team
Southeast Missouri State linebacker Blake Peiffer and offensive tackle Evan Conrad were named to the Sports Network Football Championship Subdivision preseason All-America team Monday.
Peiffer is a first-team selection, while Conrad garnered second-team honors. Both players are seniors.
Peiffer, who also was named a first-team All-American by Beyond Sports Network, landed a spot on four All-America teams in 2011 after leading the Ohio Valley Conference in tackles with a school-record 151.
The Jackson High School graduate ranked third in the nation with an average of 13.7 tackles per game and was the Redhawks' only first-team All-OVC honoree.
Peiffer recorded double-digit tackles in 10 of Southeast's 11 games, including a career-high 19 against Jacksonville State. He also led the Redhawks with 7.5 tackles for loss.
Conrad, who started nine games at left tackle and two at right guard last year, helped Southeast's offense lead the OVC in rushing (233.1 yards per game) for the second straight season.
Conrad, a native of Columbia, Mo., has made 32 consecutive starts and played in all 34 games during his Southeast career.