- Golden Corral coming to Cape; may hire 100 workers (7/21/16)9
- Arrest warrants filed for six drug suspects in Cape (7/19/16)6
- Area groups working together to reintroduce elk in Missouri (7/18/16)1
- Suspect in downtown Cape shooting ID'd in court (7/20/16)2
- Prosecutor says shooting by state trooper was justified (7/24/16)15
- Hastings in Cape closing (7/22/16)5
- Governor signs Rep. Swan bill that equalizes child-custody criteria (7/6/16)5
- Jackson's former police dog euthanized Monday (7/21/16)2
- 'I want to see how far I can go' (7/21/16)2
- Southeast Missouri State football players, local police team up for Backstoppers benefit (7/22/16)2
Scott County Junior American Legion baseball team sweeps doubleheader
The Scott County Junior American Legion baseball team defeated Cape Girardeau Freshman Legion in both games of a doubleheader Monday.
Tyler Rogers earned the win in the opener, a 7-2 decision. He allowed two earned runs and six hits over seven innings. He struck out four and walked four.
Lane Henson and Zach Carlyle both had two hits in the win.
Trevor Job drove in two runs for Scott County.
Henson earned the win in the second game, an 8-3 win in four innings. Henson allowed an unearned run and a hit over two innings. He struck out one.
Job doubled twice and scored twice, while Austin Wadlington went 2 for 2 with three RBIs in the win.
Zane Eggimann went 2 for 3 for Scott County, which improved to 14-15.
-- From staff reports