- Obama shortens sentence of inmate from Cape (1/19/17)9
- Two subjects of interest in 1992 homicide to take polygraph tests (1/15/17)8
- Business notebook: Jackson salon owner also opens a clothing store (1/16/17)
- Area hospitals hope a box helps prevent infant deaths (1/19/17)6
- Cape SportsPlex contractor offers a look at the project (1/15/17)14
- Meat-processing plant faces $70K penalty for Clean Water Act violations (1/17/17)4
- Southeast to lose $3.5 million from state in budget cuts (1/18/17)21
- Local students to perform with choir at inauguration (1/19/17)3
- Subjects of interest in 1992 killing take polygraph tests; results not revealed (1/18/17)2
- Governor cuts $146 million, colleges take hit (1/17/17)
Scott County Junior American Legion baseball team sweeps doubleheader
The Scott County Junior American Legion baseball team defeated Cape Girardeau Freshman Legion in both games of a doubleheader Monday.
Tyler Rogers earned the win in the opener, a 7-2 decision. He allowed two earned runs and six hits over seven innings. He struck out four and walked four.
Lane Henson and Zach Carlyle both had two hits in the win.
Trevor Job drove in two runs for Scott County.
Henson earned the win in the second game, an 8-3 win in four innings. Henson allowed an unearned run and a hit over two innings. He struck out one.
Job doubled twice and scored twice, while Austin Wadlington went 2 for 2 with three RBIs in the win.
Zane Eggimann went 2 for 3 for Scott County, which improved to 14-15.
-- From staff reports