- Police: Man dies from self-inflicted gunshot after standoff in south Cape (1/14/18)3
- Here's what's being built next to Chick-fil-A in Cape (1/18/18)1
- Cape lands new summer-league baseball team; Capaha Field to see major upgrades (1/20/18)8
- Man sentenced to life for killing mother, burning her body; mouth taped shut at hearing (1/20/18)
- Author of Waller's manuscript rewarded for helping feds (1/13/18)
- Young author gave up TV at age 7 to pursue writing, and has recently finished his third novel (1/20/18)
- Redhawk Food Pantry helping Southeast students, employees who need assistance with food, supplies (1/19/18)2
- Cinderella shines in debut at Bedell (1/20/18)
- 3 mayor candidates in Scott City; former mayor Porch files for council seat (1/18/18)
- Chronic wasting disease found in 2 Southeast Missouri deer; whether disease transferable to humans unknown (1/18/18)
Scott County Junior American Legion baseball team sweeps doubleheader
The Scott County Junior American Legion baseball team defeated Cape Girardeau Freshman Legion in both games of a doubleheader Monday.
Tyler Rogers earned the win in the opener, a 7-2 decision. He allowed two earned runs and six hits over seven innings. He struck out four and walked four.
Lane Henson and Zach Carlyle both had two hits in the win.
Trevor Job drove in two runs for Scott County.
Henson earned the win in the second game, an 8-3 win in four innings. Henson allowed an unearned run and a hit over two innings. He struck out one.
Job doubled twice and scored twice, while Austin Wadlington went 2 for 2 with three RBIs in the win.
Zane Eggimann went 2 for 3 for Scott County, which improved to 14-15.
-- From staff reports