- Two men accused of selling meth to undercover cop (6/22/17)
- Police: Man grabbed wheel, tried to kill driver and himself in Jackson crash (6/23/17)
- Jackson scores high in survey of residents; better streets, Aldi are high priorities (6/20/17)4
- Former Cape cop faces stealing-by-deceit charge (6/18/17)4
- Marble Hill mayor hires city manager without board approval (6/21/17)2
- Cape man faces charges of victim tampering (6/18/17)
- Two charged in theft of jewelry from Cape storage facility (6/23/17)1
- Library provides free lunches this summer (6/19/17)
- Fire destroys two greenhouses at Travelers Gazebo site in Cape (6/22/17)
- Annual SEMO District Fair event lineup announced (6/23/17)
Scott County Junior American Legion baseball team sweeps doubleheader
The Scott County Junior American Legion baseball team defeated Cape Girardeau Freshman Legion in both games of a doubleheader Monday.
Tyler Rogers earned the win in the opener, a 7-2 decision. He allowed two earned runs and six hits over seven innings. He struck out four and walked four.
Lane Henson and Zach Carlyle both had two hits in the win.
Trevor Job drove in two runs for Scott County.
Henson earned the win in the second game, an 8-3 win in four innings. Henson allowed an unearned run and a hit over two innings. He struck out one.
Job doubled twice and scored twice, while Austin Wadlington went 2 for 2 with three RBIs in the win.
Zane Eggimann went 2 for 3 for Scott County, which improved to 14-15.
-- From staff reports