- Sikeston singer moves on with 'The Voice' (10/16/17)
- Past Rowdy the Redhawk mascot's identity revealed (10/15/17)
- Police chief, council: Cape Girardeau faces growing gun violence (10/17/17)4
- Politics to profits: Brothers launch new investing concept on Wall Street (10/19/17)1
- Developer asks court to OK tax district board for improvements near Hobby Lobby (10/17/17)4
- Load shift kills Jackson trucker (10/17/17)1
- The last person to be laid to rest at Old Lorimier Cemetery: Mary Russell Fox (10/17/17)2
- Cape Christian School burglarized (10/18/17)
- Food Giant in Chaffee is robbed (10/17/17)
- Owner of dinosaur relics demands new board of directors, business plan at Bollinger County Museum (10/17/17)
Scott County Junior American Legion baseball team sweeps doubleheader
The Scott County Junior American Legion baseball team defeated Cape Girardeau Freshman Legion in both games of a doubleheader Monday.
Tyler Rogers earned the win in the opener, a 7-2 decision. He allowed two earned runs and six hits over seven innings. He struck out four and walked four.
Lane Henson and Zach Carlyle both had two hits in the win.
Trevor Job drove in two runs for Scott County.
Henson earned the win in the second game, an 8-3 win in four innings. Henson allowed an unearned run and a hit over two innings. He struck out one.
Job doubled twice and scored twice, while Austin Wadlington went 2 for 2 with three RBIs in the win.
Zane Eggimann went 2 for 3 for Scott County, which improved to 14-15.
-- From staff reports