- Pedestrian killed during traffic collision on I-55 (10/23/16)6
- Scott County Sheriff Rick Walter faces challenge from criminal investigator Wes Drury (10/21/16)8
- Shooting injures two people in Cape early Tuesday (10/19/16)34
- 18-year-old killed in one-car crash Thursday morning (10/21/16)1
- Man arrested after dispute at school spurs brief lockdown (10/21/16)6
- 'I feel for them' (10/20/16)1
- Perry County: A great place to find home away from home (10/14/16)
- Tours provide a glimpse of Cape Girardeau's supposedly haunted past (10/17/16)1
- Crews are working on the new Drury Hotel (10/21/16)3
- Benton man accused of statutory rape, selling pot (10/20/16)1
MARBLE HILL, Mo. -- Helen Matilda Seiler, 90, of Marble Hill passed away Sunday, July 8, 2012, at Woodland Hills Care Center.
She was born Jan. 4, 1922, in Glennon, Mo., daughter of William and Sena Folken Brauer. On May 7, 1940, she married Herman H. Seiler at St. Anthony's Church in Glennon. He preceded her in death Dec. 18, 1973.
Seiler was a member of St. John Catholic Church at Leopold, Mo., and St. Ann Sodality. She had been employed at Bond Nursing Home, Missouri Home Care, and worked in private home health care.
She enjoyed crocheting, making quilts for her family and other craft items for the annual St. John's Church picnic gift shop.
Seiler had a very special heart for helping others.
She was a loving mother to four children, Alvin Seiler and Bernice (Lucky) Schatte of Advance, Mo., Eleanor (Gerard) Macke and Gerald Seiler of Leopold; eight grandchildren; and 12 great-grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by her parents, four sisters and two brothers.
Visitation will be from 4 to 8 p.m. today at Hutchings Funeral Chapel in Marble Hill. Parish prayers and rosary will be at 7 p.m.
A Christian Mass of burial will be celebrated at 11 a.m. Wednesday at St. John Catholic Church in Leopold, with the Rev. Michael Casteel officiating. Burial will be in the church cemetery.