- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Ray's of Kelso, Plaza by Ray's to change ownership; Fonn to buy enterprise (04/20/16)3
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
MARBLE HILL, Mo. -- Helen Matilda Seiler, 90, of Marble Hill passed away Sunday, July 8, 2012, at Woodland Hills Care Center.
She was born Jan. 4, 1922, in Glennon, Mo., daughter of William and Sena Folken Brauer. On May 7, 1940, she married Herman H. Seiler at St. Anthony's Church in Glennon. He preceded her in death Dec. 18, 1973.
Seiler was a member of St. John Catholic Church at Leopold, Mo., and St. Ann Sodality. She had been employed at Bond Nursing Home, Missouri Home Care, and worked in private home health care.
She enjoyed crocheting, making quilts for her family and other craft items for the annual St. John's Church picnic gift shop.
Seiler had a very special heart for helping others.
She was a loving mother to four children, Alvin Seiler and Bernice (Lucky) Schatte of Advance, Mo., Eleanor (Gerard) Macke and Gerald Seiler of Leopold; eight grandchildren; and 12 great-grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by her parents, four sisters and two brothers.
Visitation will be from 4 to 8 p.m. today at Hutchings Funeral Chapel in Marble Hill. Parish prayers and rosary will be at 7 p.m.
A Christian Mass of burial will be celebrated at 11 a.m. Wednesday at St. John Catholic Church in Leopold, with the Rev. Michael Casteel officiating. Burial will be in the church cemetery.