- Obama shortens sentence of inmate from Cape (1/19/17)9
- Jackson police describe night of anger, car crashes, drug possession by 18-year-old (1/22/17)5
- Area hospitals hope a box helps prevent infant deaths (1/19/17)6
- A message from heaven (1/23/17)
- Local students to perform with choir at inauguration (1/19/17)3
- Southeast to lose $3.5 million from state in budget cuts (1/18/17)21
- Subjects of interest in 1992 killing take polygraph tests; results not revealed (1/18/17)2
- Meat-processing plant faces $70K penalty for Clean Water Act violations (1/17/17)4
- Area residents among those attending inauguration, women's march (1/22/17)90
- Comedian, cancer survivor Tom Green headlines sold-out Cancer Center benefit (1/22/17)
Repeal Obamacare monstrosity
Is it a "tax" or is it a "penalty"? Is that really the question everybody should be torn up about? We could call it a "forced donation." The money for Obamacare still comes from taxpayers. The bottom line is we cannot afford another government entitlement program, which is exactly what Obamacare is. We have already spent astronomical amounts of money to set the Obamacare bureaucracy in place and nobody's health care has improved. Government pocketbooks have grown and the taxpayer pocketbooks have shrunk. Common sense will tell people that Obamacare will not bring down costs. Common sense will tell people that rationing by bureaucrats in D.C. will be the way of the future.
The Supreme Court has let us down. Congress has let us down. We the people must get involved to stop this gigantic overreach by our government. Please call your representatives and tell them to repeal this monstrosity and start over with common-sense reforms. Don't expect Congress to do the right thing. They need to hear from all of us.
LINDA REUTZEL, Cape Girardeau