- Cape businessman known for starting NARS dies at 49 (2/23/17)9
- Apparent punch at girls basketball game propels lawmaker into action (2/21/17)4
- Business notebook: Owners ready to roll out the Barrel 131 (2/20/17)7
- Japanese restaurant up and running; owner surprised by fondness of sushi here (2/24/17)1
- SoutheastHEALTH, Washington University School of Medicine announce collaboration (2/24/17)23
- Missouri bill would limit transgender school bathroom access (2/22/17)48
- City issues precautionary boil order near Arena Park (2/23/17)
- Former KFVS12 reporter talks about recovery from eating disorder (2/23/17)11
- $22M bond issue would alter Jackson schools (2/22/17)13
- Two men crack market with local cage-free eggs (2/26/17)12
Repeal Obamacare monstrosity
Is it a "tax" or is it a "penalty"? Is that really the question everybody should be torn up about? We could call it a "forced donation." The money for Obamacare still comes from taxpayers. The bottom line is we cannot afford another government entitlement program, which is exactly what Obamacare is. We have already spent astronomical amounts of money to set the Obamacare bureaucracy in place and nobody's health care has improved. Government pocketbooks have grown and the taxpayer pocketbooks have shrunk. Common sense will tell people that Obamacare will not bring down costs. Common sense will tell people that rationing by bureaucrats in D.C. will be the way of the future.
The Supreme Court has let us down. Congress has let us down. We the people must get involved to stop this gigantic overreach by our government. Please call your representatives and tell them to repeal this monstrosity and start over with common-sense reforms. Don't expect Congress to do the right thing. They need to hear from all of us.
LINDA REUTZEL, Cape Girardeau