- Woman sleeping in car accused of attacking Cape officer (7/26/16)13
- Seeking new history: Centurion Development buys former Woolworth building at 1 N. Main St. (7/28/16)5
- Prosecutor says shooting by state trooper was justified (7/24/16)15
- Cape resident gets seven years in prison for shooting at man (7/26/16)1
- Former Scott City mayor refutes claims made about loss of curbside recycling pickup (7/26/16)
- Burglary of trailer leaves its residents homeless (7/27/16)4
- Golden Corral coming to Cape; may hire 100 workers (7/21/16)10
- Police: Child's video revealed stepfather's abuse of sibling (7/28/16)3
- Foot plots provide habitats and nutrition to attract wildlife, grow populations (7/18/16)
- City may spend extra park tax money on Cape Splash, skate park, other projects (7/25/16)10
Repeal Obamacare monstrosity
Is it a "tax" or is it a "penalty"? Is that really the question everybody should be torn up about? We could call it a "forced donation." The money for Obamacare still comes from taxpayers. The bottom line is we cannot afford another government entitlement program, which is exactly what Obamacare is. We have already spent astronomical amounts of money to set the Obamacare bureaucracy in place and nobody's health care has improved. Government pocketbooks have grown and the taxpayer pocketbooks have shrunk. Common sense will tell people that Obamacare will not bring down costs. Common sense will tell people that rationing by bureaucrats in D.C. will be the way of the future.
The Supreme Court has let us down. Congress has let us down. We the people must get involved to stop this gigantic overreach by our government. Please call your representatives and tell them to repeal this monstrosity and start over with common-sense reforms. Don't expect Congress to do the right thing. They need to hear from all of us.
LINDA REUTZEL, Cape Girardeau