- Few Southeast students face suspension, expulsion for sexual assaults, campus paper finds (4/25/17)6
- Perryville family organizing bone-marrow drive Friday for ailing 6-year-old boy (4/26/17)
- Woman battered after smashing boyfriend's meth pipe against wall, police say (4/25/17)1
- Temptations bassist dies after Cape Girardeau show (4/26/17)2
- BBB warns Jackson man's online business might not be legit (4/24/17)
- Event includes the first public tour of 200-year-old Elmwood Manor (4/23/17)3
- State Supreme Court rules against congressman's mother in dog-kennel defamation case (4/27/17)1
- Strattman to step down as principal at St. Mary (4/28/17)1
- Cape couple turns their home into cozy, comfortable music venue (4/24/17)
- New ride-hailing law draws praise from carGo official (4/25/17)
Repeal Obamacare monstrosity
Is it a "tax" or is it a "penalty"? Is that really the question everybody should be torn up about? We could call it a "forced donation." The money for Obamacare still comes from taxpayers. The bottom line is we cannot afford another government entitlement program, which is exactly what Obamacare is. We have already spent astronomical amounts of money to set the Obamacare bureaucracy in place and nobody's health care has improved. Government pocketbooks have grown and the taxpayer pocketbooks have shrunk. Common sense will tell people that Obamacare will not bring down costs. Common sense will tell people that rationing by bureaucrats in D.C. will be the way of the future.
The Supreme Court has let us down. Congress has let us down. We the people must get involved to stop this gigantic overreach by our government. Please call your representatives and tell them to repeal this monstrosity and start over with common-sense reforms. Don't expect Congress to do the right thing. They need to hear from all of us.
LINDA REUTZEL, Cape Girardeau