- Two men accused of selling meth to undercover cop (6/22/17)
- Cape man stabbed in head, arm after strip-club incident; skull fractured, police say (6/25/17)3
- Custom cuts: Local hairstylist provides free haircuts to special-needs children (6/26/17)3
- Police: Man grabbed wheel, tried to kill driver and himself in Jackson crash (6/23/17)
- Jackson scores high in survey of residents; better streets, Aldi are high priorities (6/20/17)4
- Annual SEMO District Fair event lineup announced (6/23/17)2
- Marble Hill mayor hires city manager without board approval (6/21/17)4
- Oran town board fired officer before hiring him as police chief; city officials say they can't remember reason for firing (6/25/17)2
- Playing with fire (6/25/17)
- Two charged in theft of jewelry from Cape storage facility (6/23/17)1
Repeal Obamacare monstrosity
Is it a "tax" or is it a "penalty"? Is that really the question everybody should be torn up about? We could call it a "forced donation." The money for Obamacare still comes from taxpayers. The bottom line is we cannot afford another government entitlement program, which is exactly what Obamacare is. We have already spent astronomical amounts of money to set the Obamacare bureaucracy in place and nobody's health care has improved. Government pocketbooks have grown and the taxpayer pocketbooks have shrunk. Common sense will tell people that Obamacare will not bring down costs. Common sense will tell people that rationing by bureaucrats in D.C. will be the way of the future.
The Supreme Court has let us down. Congress has let us down. We the people must get involved to stop this gigantic overreach by our government. Please call your representatives and tell them to repeal this monstrosity and start over with common-sense reforms. Don't expect Congress to do the right thing. They need to hear from all of us.
LINDA REUTZEL, Cape Girardeau