- Waller deemed competent to stand trial (1/11/17)5
- Young Elvis impersonator from Bernie performs on 'Ellen DeGeneres Show' (1/12/17)
- Two subjects of interest in 1992 homicide to take polygraph tests (1/15/17)7
- 113 drug tests at Jackson High net one instance of illicit usage (1/11/17)15
- Two men shot after argument; houses also struck by bullets (1/12/17)21
- Business notebook: Jackson salon owner also opens a clothing store (1/16/17)
- Cape SportsPlex contractor offers a look at the project (1/15/17)14
- Two Cape men recovering after shooting (1/13/17)
- Imo's Pizza will be added to Rhodes 101 convenience store in Jackson (1/10/17)16
- Wallingford proposes bill to collect sales taxes on online purchases (1/11/17)30
Sunday house fire possibly started by Molotov cocktail
Cape Girardeau police on Monday were searching for the person who started a house fire, possibly using a Molotov cocktail, over the weekend.
Police responded about 5:20 a.m. Sunday to 1425 Cousin St., where residents said they found the curtain over their air conditioner burning after they investigated a loud noise in their living room, Sgt. Jason Selzer said. A resident and neighbor put the fire out, Selzer said.
One resident suffered burns to a hand, he said.
Investigators found what appeared to be the remains of a bottle that had the strong smell of gasoline, Selzer said. Investigators believe someone threw a Molotov cocktail at the house, he said.
1425 Cousin St., Cape Girardeau, MO