- Cape teacher accused of assaulting student at football game (10/23/16)41
- Pedestrian killed during traffic collision on I-55 (10/23/16)9
- Scott County Sheriff Rick Walter faces challenge from criminal investigator Wes Drury (10/21/16)8
- Shooting injures two people in Cape early Tuesday (10/19/16)34
- 18-year-old killed in one-car crash Thursday morning (10/21/16)1
- Man arrested after dispute at school spurs brief lockdown (10/21/16)6
- 'I feel for them' (10/20/16)1
- Hundreds turn out for VintageNOW fundraiser (10/23/16)3
- Crews are working on the new Drury Hotel (10/21/16)4
- Benton man accused of statutory rape, selling pot (10/20/16)1
Sunday house fire possibly started by Molotov cocktail
Cape Girardeau police on Monday were searching for the person who started a house fire, possibly using a Molotov cocktail, over the weekend.
Police responded about 5:20 a.m. Sunday to 1425 Cousin St., where residents said they found the curtain over their air conditioner burning after they investigated a loud noise in their living room, Sgt. Jason Selzer said. A resident and neighbor put the fire out, Selzer said.
One resident suffered burns to a hand, he said.
Investigators found what appeared to be the remains of a bottle that had the strong smell of gasoline, Selzer said. Investigators believe someone threw a Molotov cocktail at the house, he said.
1425 Cousin St., Cape Girardeau, MO