- Waller deemed competent to stand trial (1/11/17)5
- Young Elvis impersonator from Bernie performs on 'Ellen DeGeneres Show' (1/12/17)
- 113 drug tests at Jackson High net one instance of illicit usage (1/11/17)14
- Two subjects of interest in 1992 homicide to take polygraph tests (1/15/17)7
- Two men shot after argument; houses also struck by bullets (1/12/17)21
- Imo's Pizza will be added to Rhodes 101 convenience store in Jackson (1/10/17)16
- Cape SportsPlex contractor offers a look at the project (1/15/17)13
- Juvenile accused of stealing, damaging playground statue (1/9/17)25
- Two Cape men recovering after shooting (1/13/17)
- Business notebook: Faithfully Fed aims for more than just food (1/9/17)4
Half Marathon Training Starts July 17, Sign Up Now
Looking to get in shape, but you need the extra push? Cape Girardeau's Parks and Recreation Department offers eight-week Half Marathon Training, starting July 17 through September 6. It will provide an instructor to help keep your spirits high while staying on a specific workout regimen.
The program is held Tuesdays at Central High Track and Thursdays at Arena Park Shelter 1 from 5:15am to 6:45am. For $48, the training will prepare you to run a mini-marathon with development in areas like cardio training information, stretching, strengthening, speed workouts and tempo runs including speed plays, hills and interval training.
Register by July 13. Entry forms are available at the A. C. Brase Arena, Osage Centre and Shawnee Park Center. For more information about the Half Marathon Training or to register contact the Parks and Recreation Department at 573-339-6340.