- Sikeston singer moves on with 'The Voice' (10/16/17)
- Past Rowdy the Redhawk mascot's identity revealed (10/15/17)
- Police chief, council: Cape Girardeau faces growing gun violence (10/17/17)4
- Developer asks court to OK tax district board for improvements near Hobby Lobby (10/17/17)4
- Politics to profits: Brothers launch new investing concept on Wall Street (10/19/17)1
- Load shift kills Jackson trucker (10/17/17)
- The last person to be laid to rest at Old Lorimier Cemetery: Mary Russell Fox (10/17/17)2
- Cape Christian School burglarized (10/18/17)
- Food Giant in Chaffee is robbed (10/17/17)
- Owner of dinosaur relics demands new board of directors, business plan at Bollinger County Museum (10/17/17)
Half Marathon Training Starts July 17, Sign Up Now
Looking to get in shape, but you need the extra push? Cape Girardeau's Parks and Recreation Department offers eight-week Half Marathon Training, starting July 17 through September 6. It will provide an instructor to help keep your spirits high while staying on a specific workout regimen.
The program is held Tuesdays at Central High Track and Thursdays at Arena Park Shelter 1 from 5:15am to 6:45am. For $48, the training will prepare you to run a mini-marathon with development in areas like cardio training information, stretching, strengthening, speed workouts and tempo runs including speed plays, hills and interval training.
Register by July 13. Entry forms are available at the A. C. Brase Arena, Osage Centre and Shawnee Park Center. For more information about the Half Marathon Training or to register contact the Parks and Recreation Department at 573-339-6340.