- Few Southeast students face suspension, expulsion for sexual assaults, campus paper finds (4/25/17)5
- Pilot House goes smoke-free (4/23/17)10
- Woman battered after smashing boyfriend's meth pipe against wall, police say (4/25/17)
- Event includes the first public tour of 200-year-old Elmwood Manor (4/23/17)3
- BBB warns Jackson man's online business might not be legit (4/24/17)
- Cape councilman Bob Fox to run for mayor (4/21/17)5
- Cape couple turns their home into cozy, comfortable music venue (4/24/17)
- Perryville family organizing bone-marrow drive Friday for ailing 6-year-old boy (4/26/17)
- Without city record, Marie Street residents on hook for thousands in sewer repairs (4/19/17)7
- Sikeston man charged in shooting death of Cape man (4/23/17)
Half Marathon Training Starts July 17, Sign Up Now
Looking to get in shape, but you need the extra push? Cape Girardeau's Parks and Recreation Department offers eight-week Half Marathon Training, starting July 17 through September 6. It will provide an instructor to help keep your spirits high while staying on a specific workout regimen.
The program is held Tuesdays at Central High Track and Thursdays at Arena Park Shelter 1 from 5:15am to 6:45am. For $48, the training will prepare you to run a mini-marathon with development in areas like cardio training information, stretching, strengthening, speed workouts and tempo runs including speed plays, hills and interval training.
Register by July 13. Entry forms are available at the A. C. Brase Arena, Osage Centre and Shawnee Park Center. For more information about the Half Marathon Training or to register contact the Parks and Recreation Department at 573-339-6340.