- Woman's post about 'Back the Blue' sign in Jackson coffee shop prompts firing from nearby bar (8/15/17)11
- Scott City man dies in motorcycle crash near Millersville (8/13/17)
- How to save a life: Lifeguards resuscitated young girl at Cape Splash (8/17/17)2
- Stoogefest headliner cancels, cites NAACP travel advisory in Missouri (8/15/17)2
- Councilman: Scott City mayor, city administrator resigned (8/15/17)4
- Teen convicted of shooting area woman in 2015 (8/13/17)
- Woman dies in house fire in Cape Girardeau County (8/16/17)
- Scott City school chief gets raise, while some teachers don't (8/17/17)6
- Man accused of making terror threats against dental office (8/13/17)
- Chaffee man charged with attempting to have ex-wife killed (8/20/17)3
Half Marathon Training Starts July 17, Sign Up Now
Looking to get in shape, but you need the extra push? Cape Girardeau's Parks and Recreation Department offers eight-week Half Marathon Training, starting July 17 through September 6. It will provide an instructor to help keep your spirits high while staying on a specific workout regimen.
The program is held Tuesdays at Central High Track and Thursdays at Arena Park Shelter 1 from 5:15am to 6:45am. For $48, the training will prepare you to run a mini-marathon with development in areas like cardio training information, stretching, strengthening, speed workouts and tempo runs including speed plays, hills and interval training.
Register by July 13. Entry forms are available at the A. C. Brase Arena, Osage Centre and Shawnee Park Center. For more information about the Half Marathon Training or to register contact the Parks and Recreation Department at 573-339-6340.