- Krispy Kreme coming to Cape Girardeau (12/14/17)2
- Light and music show: Jackson family goes high-tech with Christmas display (12/11/17)
- Cape schools to get two new principals, assistant superintendent (12/13/17)1
- Kelso resident brings home $60K in lottery winnings (12/14/17)
- Three-vehicle wreck ends up with parked car crashing through business wall (12/16/17)3
- Insurance building's renovation part of Coalter family's commitment to region (12/15/17)3
- New regents president named after Knudtson decides not to seek second term (12/18/17)
- Southeast rings bell for 807 December graduates (12/18/17)
Half Marathon Training Starts July 17, Sign Up Now
Looking to get in shape, but you need the extra push? Cape Girardeau's Parks and Recreation Department offers eight-week Half Marathon Training, starting July 17 through September 6. It will provide an instructor to help keep your spirits high while staying on a specific workout regimen.
The program is held Tuesdays at Central High Track and Thursdays at Arena Park Shelter 1 from 5:15am to 6:45am. For $48, the training will prepare you to run a mini-marathon with development in areas like cardio training information, stretching, strengthening, speed workouts and tempo runs including speed plays, hills and interval training.
Register by July 13. Entry forms are available at the A. C. Brase Arena, Osage Centre and Shawnee Park Center. For more information about the Half Marathon Training or to register contact the Parks and Recreation Department at 573-339-6340.